The Bike Shop

What's on your wish list? (Read 131 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pretty soon I need to get around to selling my previous bike (2010 Cannondale Synapse Féminine 5 alloy), which has been sitting lonely in the garage for about 6 months.  I hope to fetch $800 or so for it.  Then I can put in an order for my next bike--probably an entry-level Ridley X-bow cyclocross bike for getting in on some races and Winter riding.  The 2012s will have the option of SRAM Apex.  I figure I will ride that for a year or two, until DS (10) is big enough to inherit it...and then I will upgrade to something with SRAM Rival, most likely.

What are you eyeballing?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

riding gloves. ive noticed that on rides 20 miles or longer, the 4th and last fingers on my left hand go numb and it takes hours after im done riding for them to get back to normal. its really annoying and no matter how i hold the bars, it will still happen.

i also want to get a trailer or caddy because i often take trips to parks and i would love to be able to take my dogs along.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Roy, I really like the PI Gel Vent gloves, for what it's worth.

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

riding gloves. ive noticed that on rides 20 miles or longer, the 4th and last fingers on my left hand go numb and it takes hours after im done riding for them to get back to normal. its really annoying and no matter how i hold the bars, it will still happen.

i also want to get a trailer or caddy because i often take trips to parks and i would love to be able to take my dogs along.

http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/cycling-gloves/road/lx.html

These are like sex.

did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/cycling-gloves/road/lx.html

These are like sex.

did

I was going to recommend those, too, but I have to try a pair, first.

~ Sarah Kay

cool beans, thanks guys! i think this item has been upgraded to the "necessity" list cuz it seems like the longer i ride, the longer it takes my hand to feel normal again, and i dont want to cause any permanent damage.

ive been doing some trailer shopping online and i think ill definitely go with a fully weatherproof setup. reason being, i would love to do some cross country camping rides in the near future so ill want all my gear to stay dry. the price ranges are all over the place and there are good reviews across the board so i think it will come down to exactly what features i want, so it should be an easy purchase.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A trailer sounds fun.  That will be another advantage of a CX bike in my part of our stable.  I think a lot of those can take racks and trailers and things.

~ Sarah Kay