The Bike Shop

Runningahead club on Strava (Read 116 times)

http://app.strava.com/clubs/runningahead

Go to clubs and search US in the location to find Runningahead

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

Last night I signed up and imported a couple months of data so I just joined the RA group too.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to double log all my stuff tho. I did look at some of the local segments and saw my name appear on some of them. I also saw other people I know's name pop up. How strange is that. Perhaps this weekend I can go try and demote a couple people from their KOM positions.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a couple of friends who are forever trading QOMs back and forth with me.  DH and a female friend of ours do this on mtn. bikes and it's become quite a joke.  She beat him by just a couple of minutes when they did a 100 mile mtn bike race, but she started a bit ahead of him, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Last night I signed up and imported a couple months of data so I just joined the RA group too.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to double log all my stuff tho. I did look at some of the local segments and saw my name appear on some of them. I also saw other people I know's name pop up. How strange is that. Perhaps this weekend I can go try and demote a couple people from their KOM positions.

As far as keeping a workout log, there is not much better for my needs then RA and that will probably not change. I started to upload to Strava just because its fun to see where a ride might rank and stick it too some people that you might know. I upload quickly, modify if I have to and get out. I will not use Strava as anything other then entertainment.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As far as keeping a workout log, there is not much better for my needs then RA and that will probably not change. I started to upload to Strava just because its fun to see where a ride might rank and stick it too some people that you might know. I upload quickly, modify if I have to and get out. I will not use Strava as anything other then entertainment.

Ditto.  I only signed-up because several of my cycling pals log there.  RA is still my primary log site.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I Strava sucked up all the data since my Garmin was new in April. I think it thinks a lot of my runs are rides. I'm still trying to navigate it. I can't find the RA group w/o BT's link yet. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For a while Strava assumed my workouts from my Forerunner 305 were rides, too...and I had to manually change the type.  Then it figured it out.

~ Sarah Kay

For a while Strava assumed my workouts from my Forerunner 305 were rides, too...and I had to manually change the type.  Then it figured it out.

I still have to edit my running workouts because Strava laods them as a ride, a 6 mile per hour ride

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I still have to edit my running workouts because Strava laods them as a ride, a 6 mile per hour ride

It was odd, since I was loading workouts from an Edge 500 that Strava correctly classified as rides...not sure why it defaulted the Forerunner uploads as rides, too.  Then suddenly it figured it out.  I wonder if it was a bug, actually.

~ Sarah Kay

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

My newbishness is in.

I like Strava.  I'm a little OCD with data so I plan to make good use of tracking mileage on different bike components.

I have problems.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...