The Bike Shop

Cycling trumps running... (Read 249 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...in the heat.  Yesterday we rode in muggy 86º temps and it was hot, but not miserably so.  Today I still need to get in my run and it is 86 out there right now, but I am stalling...even considering waiting until after the sun sets and going out with my new headlamp.

Tomorrow I will get out for my run as soon as I drop DS off at carpool.  It should only be around 70 at that time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

I ventured out around 5 late yesterday afternoon. It was Hot muggy and windy. I didn't mind the wind so much because it would at least help dry you off. Got in 26 miles...a decent workout.

I rode my century bike last night.......My Bottom Bracket started to make some noise about 1/2 thru the trip. I hate it when bikes make noise. I didn't have time to diagnose the problem when I got home but it's eating at me right now.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Amen, sister!  Now that I'm in an even hotter part of the country, I've about made the switch to biking complete!  And it doesn't seem to mess with my knees, hips, and ankles nearly as much as running does.

Debating right now - it's actually too COLD in my opinion to comfortably go biking right now.  Do I wait until it warms up (we're in a cold snap - only getting up to about 80 today) and risk my bike ride interfering with my karate class, or do I go now and potentially freeze.  Looks like it's only 59 right now.  Brrrrr....  (Yes, I've gotten used to the 90's...)

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can always put more clothes on.  I was biking as soon as the roads were clear, even though it was in the 40s.  Yeah, that wasn't so nice and I had to wear a lot of layers and heavier gloves, but 60ish degrees would be pretty OK once you get moving.

Slo, noises always freak me out...in large part because I don't always know what the noises mean or how to go about fixing the issue.  Good thing I live with a pretty good amateur bike mechanic! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should add...it's warmer than they predicted.  I just got back from my run and it was already in the upper 70s and humid as hell.  Sucked.  I had a couple of buzzards circling me...jerky birds!

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I think they were hoping to get a free lunch...  Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think they were hoping to get a free lunch...  Tongue

I was not about to give them that pleasure.

~ Sarah Kay