I always just used a backpack...

Roads were made for journeys...

xhristopher

Same here. Nothing fancy.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Plus it's easy to transport clothing and stuff into a place of work with a backpack.

I have a really small The North Face one...Electra.  It's perfect for a small change of clothes...or an extra pair of shoes...or a bunch of small things like sunblock, baby wipes, snacks, and a place to stow a lightweight jacket if you start a ride when it's cool and it warms-up.  I can wash it in a large delicates bag in the washing machine, too.  I take this on most runs of more than 45 miles, since sunblock reapplication is a must and most longer rides are unsupported, so we like to have Clif bars and other munchies along.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I too have a small one but will also ride with my huge one too. I'm either a minimalist or a sherpa. Below is my little one, which I really like. It tagged along on my spring century in May with extra water, nutrition, and other assorted stuff. I didn't even know it was there although I was asked "what's in the bag" halfway through the ride. It's probably the reason I finished the last 30 miles so strongly. I fueled when I needed to.

I also use a backpack. Lately its been a small one with drawstrings to close it and act as the shoulder straps. Flourescent green and lightweight.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Slo

I use a backpack too.

The only downside is the big sweaty wet spot that it leaves on my back.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use a backpack too.

The only downside is the big sweaty wet spot that it leaves on my back.

The funny part about that is I don't notice how sweaty that spot is until I take off the pack...then I'm always all "ewww...soaked shirt!"

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

"ewww...soaked shirt!"

In that backpack is a nice dry shirt. Anyone commuting in work clothes? If so, anything much longer than 10 minutes could become a drag.

This morning's commute brought a flat tire and a wait at a draw bridge. I was 20 minutes late -- but who cares -- it's stunningly beautiful out right now!

Slo

I've been wearing shorts and a t-shirt in. I wear a uniform.....flame resistant shirt and heavy jeans. I change once I get here.
                      I wear bike shorts and a tech shirt most days I ride and have a set of office appropriate clothes in my backpack. I will also bring a set of clothes along with a towel into work on a day that I drive all the way in the four wheeled cage, just to have an extra set incase I'm running late and don't want to lug a set with in the back pack.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

i love my hydro pack i got this summer. i can fit everything i need for a weekend out, with room to spare, including a 2 liter bladder. it has a pretty incredible air flow material on the back that cuts down on the sweat substantially.

they also threw a sticker in with my order, im a sucker for stickers.