The Bike Shop

Injury list update (Read 120 times)

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I disappear from RA for a while and come back to x-rays of broken limbs. 

Zoomy, was this a CX accident?  Did I miss the thread where the epic story was told?

I'm tired of doctors.  Yesterday I had my second surgery in six weeks to get my thyroid removed.  Yuck.  I feel like someone punched me in the throat. And it is interfering with one of my favorite hobbies... eating!

Here is to good health to all and no more doctors for a while!

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's the whole saga.  I'm pretty gutted about being told I can't do ANYTHING until after the first of the year.  Stupid.

I'm sorry that you're benched, too.  Are you hypo?  No fun.  We should have a pity party.  We're drinking wine, tonight.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Wow.  That is sucktacular.  Sorry to hear.  I will now look at the silver lining since I'm only out 2ish weeks.  Phew.

Yes, I was hypo.  Long story kinda short: They found a lump on the left side of the thyroid they were worried about.  Biopsies came back inconclusive.  I got that side of the thyroid removed.  Doc said the other fine looked fine so he left it in.  Pathology came back later with two different spots on the removed portion of the thyroid (two different cancers to boot).  So, I got to go back in yesterday to remove the rest.  Nice.  Hoping the right side comes back clean from pathology so I don't have to do the radioactive treatment.

Anyway, your battle wounds make me remember my mountain biking days.  I'm too big of a klutz for that.  I might just stick with the roads.  Afterall, I nearly sliced off my thumb cutting an apple for my kid.  Takes talent.  I was going to inline a pic from the SNL sketch of Julia Childs cutting the dickens out of her finger but it grossed me out too much to post!

Tired of doctors and needles.

Onward and upward!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I remember that SNL bit!  It was Akroyd, right?

Yeah...my biggest fear now is riding gunshy.  I really hope I'm able to ride off-road again without freakin-out!

So you'll be on synthroid, now?  I seem to recall that there's a thyroid support group on RA.

~ Sarah Kay

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Indeed it was Dan:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tnc9_the-french-chef_fun#.UMPP75PjmQs

ya,  that is pretty much me.  

Thanks for the heads up on the thyroid group.  I just joined.  Synthroid for life, yo.

Now back to my lortab + Dr Pepper combo.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now back to my lortab + Dr Pepper combo.

Ha, for me it was Norco + Diet Rite! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a BIG FAT 10 MILE BAR on my log...finally!!!  Just a nowhere bike ride, but it felt good...I mean, except for my sit bones--they hate me, right now!  They hurt a ton less after riding 147 miles across the state! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I have a BIG FAT 10 MILE BAR on my log...finally!!!  Just a nowhere bike ride, but it felt good...I mean, except for my sit bones--they hate me, right now!  They hurt a ton less after riding 147 miles across the state! Tongue

http://youtu.be/ShZGnNIkmPA

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Speaking of sit bones, the spin bikes at the gym are horrible! They have these massive spongy saddles that make my entire backside go number after an hour.

PS - how does one embed the video rather than just link to youtube?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://youtu.be/ShZGnNIkmPA

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Speaking of sit bones, the spin bikes at the gym are horrible! They have these massive spongy saddles that make my entire backside go number after an hour.

PS - how does one embed the video rather than just link to youtube?

Thanks!  I don't think you can embed the video, just link to the URL.

Gym bikes...ow.  Can you use your own saddle?

~ Sarah Kay