The Bike Shop

what bike computer do you have (Read 23 times)

aponi

never runs the tangents

I want a bike computer so I'm trying to justify the cost.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Slo

I have several bikes but only 3 computers. All three are dirt cheap.

I have one wireless that will travel thru 4 different bikes. My Pugsley, My Cross Check SS, My Karate Monkey 29'r SS and my Black Mountain Cyclocross.

I do Gravel and Cross Country races on these bikes and the races are by cue cards and not do not have marked routes so you need to know the distances between turns and intersections.

A GPS has been in my sights. The primary reason is that I wouldn't have to keep changing the settings on the wireless computer when I change it to different bikes.

snapa55

As a runner and cyclist, the Garmin 310XT was a no brainer for me.

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I used to use the Garmin Forerunner 305, but eventually bought an Edge 500, since it was getting to be a PITA to get the Garmin on/off the bike and I don't like the quick-release wrist do-hickey.  That allowed me to downgrade to a smaller Garmin for running, too.  I now run with the FR 210.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

I have the Garmin Forerunner 910 (for dus/tris) AND the Edge 800.  Roll eyes    My gear is certainly better than my riding ability!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I just use my old Garmin 205.  I don't find it very hard to look at my wrist while cycling.  I haven't yet felt the need to do anything differently.

Running is dumb.

I have a Garmin Edge 305 cycling computer that I use most of the time but I also use my Garmin 310xt multi-sport watch when I ride my tri bike.

My wife uses her iphone with an ibike Dash Deluxe that has GPS via the phone and cadence and HR.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I use the Garmin 310xt.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xhristopher

Garmin 610 for everything.

For the road and tri bikes I use my garmin 610 on the bars with with a wireless cadence/speed sensor on the chainstay.

For the mtb and cx bikes I just use my 610 on my wrist.

For running I use the 610 on my wrist.

For swimming (not that I've none it lately) I use the 610 in a ziplock under a swim cap.

aponi

never runs the tangents

I tried using an app on my phone and it pretty much killed the battery in my phone. Also the screen turns off after a few minutes so that sort of didn't work.

I have a garmin forerunner 110 that I use for running so I'm trying to make that work but I'm having issues sorting out what is a run and what is a ride when I upload it. I know the pace is a pretty obvious indicator but the site I use for my training log just assumes its a run and I end up having to delete the rides and enter them manually. It's not a huge pain, but it's annoying enough to remind me that my life would be so much better if I had an actual bike computer.

yes a touch of ocd

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

I have an edge 500.  I think it has a better altimeter than the other garmin watches used for running and I switch back and forth between the road bike and mountain.  I have a cadence sensor on each.  I think it's fairly accurate for calorie consumption.

As far as using a smartphone, before I bought the edge I used the strava app.  It was good for most of my rides.  Make sure to turn off your wifi, bluetooth and any other application that uses excessive power.  It will give you a little extra time.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.