The Bike Shop

Cyclist....Educate thyself (Read 160 times)

Slo

Google "The Good Roads Movement"

or....here's just one link of many.  Good Roads

I just left another argument which started out by someone telling me bikes do not belong on the roads. Of course, one of the favorite arguments comes down to taxes as though this is some basis for who has the right to use the roads.

1st things 1st.......Having a drivers licences to operate a motorized vehicle is a PRIVELAGE.....not a protected right. Lose that privelage and then lets see how they feel.

If you touched the link above or did the goggle search then you know that bicyclist and manufactures are responsible for getting Local, State and Federal tax dollars to pay for passable roads. Almost 20 years before the automobile !

Damn this crap gets my dander up!

Join a Bike advocacy group.....educate yourself on your state and local laws.  Ride Right !

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

+1 meeelion!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and I'd put money on it being the same people who think bikes need to stay on the "bike path" who also think they are entitled to park on said path.

~ Sarah Kay

And if the walkers, joggers have their way, bicycles wouldn't be allowed on the bike paths/recreational trails either.

I have a colleague that started riding a bike this year after he started having knee pains while he ran. He bought a comfort bike and started riding with his wife. Another coworker and myself have road bikes and will bike to work from his house on a recreational trail that runs past his house.

The guy with the comfort bike thought we were just crazy to be riding our road bikes up wards of 20 mph and he said that we didn't belong on the trails. That some guy has now upgraded to a road bike and bikes the trails with several of his friends at the same speeds he once thought we were crazy for going. He now complains about the walkers that think they can walk side by side along the trail and don't have to keep to the right to let others by them.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Doncha sometimes feel like a second-class citizen?  Like we're not welcome anywhere?  I have gotten more flack in my short time cycling than in the 4.5 years I have been running.

~ Sarah Kay