The Bike Shop

i'm buying a bike (Read 58 times)

Village people

DJJan,... thief Smile

LOL! I don't think I could have made it home Besides, he had my 4 y.o.daughter sitting on his back steps.

Actually, the "thief" part was because the image says "This is a Stolen Image from: KHSBicycles.com" and I can't see the picture of the bike you're leaning towards.

The "Smile" was due to another thread that's talking about being a thief.

I smiled and "laughed LOL".

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xhristopher

I am leaning towards this bike. I felt pretty comfortable on it. He didn't have my size, but the bigger bike still felt good.

Well, this doesn't help them sell product.

AutBatgirl

Man, DJJan. Today you're stealing pics I'm sure tomorrow it will be cars. It's a slippery slope.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

Village people

Apparently, I am out to lunch today. Good thing I didn't try to steal anything, because I would be sitting in jail.

You'd never catch me, Batgirl! Any car that I would steal would be fast and only seat two!

xhristopher

Ride it like you stole it!

Slo

Nice

I like what they did with the top tube in coming up with the ladies geometry. It's outfitted nicely for the advertised MSRP.

The frame looks aggressive. The short chain stays, minimal rake, built for agility. I have never seen one of these bikes in person. I like the coloring too.

Village people

The other bike I tried was a Bianchi. It was more expensive, but I wanted to try whatever I could. The frame on the Bianchi was the right size, but the seat wouldn't lower enough. I could barely touch the ground. That made me nervous. He could fix that, but the KHS was a better price, had a better seat (to me) and there wasn't much of a difference, to me.

The new KHS's aren't in the store, yet. He said that he will put the one I want together first. I am very excited! My street is a hilly 3 1/2 mile out and back, a perfect place to gain confidence.

xhristopher

I hit the KHS website and it's sporting a "stolen from KHS" image too. Awesome.

AutBatgirl

The other bike I tried was a Bianchi. It was more expensive, but I wanted to try whatever I could. The frame on the Bianchi was the right size, but the seat wouldn't lower enough. I could barely touch the ground. That made me nervous. He could fix that, but the KHS was a better price, had a better seat (to me) and there wasn't much of a difference, to me.

The new KHS's aren't in the store, yet. He said that he will put the one I want together first. I am very excited! My street is a hilly 3 1/2 mile out and back, a perfect place to gain confidence.

I've been riding my new toy in the wildlife sanctuary near my house (bikes are allowed). I figure I better build up some confidence before I try riding in the streets.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

Village people

I've been riding my new toy in the wildlife sanctuary near my house (bikes are allowed). I figure I better build up some confidence before I try riding in the streets.

If I leave my street, there is a huge hill that I am nervous running down and can only climb it when the running gods are smiling (they are a bunch of sourpusses). I'll be flying (over my handl bars) around in no time.

you need to post pics of your new bike.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

If I leave my street, there is a huge hill that I am nervous running down and can only climb it when the running gods are smiling (they are a bunch of sourpusses). I'll be flying (over my handl bars) around in no time.

you need to post pics of your new bike.

+1  Where are the pics, Batgirl?

Running is dumb.

Slo

Just ordered a new frame.

Nothing fancy or sexy.  Just ordered a Surly Cross Check in gloss black.

I'm setting this up as a single speed but haven't decided on the brakes yet. I'd love to put a set of Hayes Disc's on. Some of it will depend on what I do for the wheel set.

I've decided on the Velocity A23 rims. I still haven't decided on the hubs. I'm torn between a standard freewheel or building the rear with a flip flop hub. So far the only flip flop hubs in 130 or 135 I've found are Surly and White Industry. White Ind's has an eccentric that is designed for vertical dropouts but it would work on the Surly's horizontal. Very $$'s

So far this year I've raced over 215 miles of gravel roads on a 29'er single speed with 2.1 inch tubeless tires. This next bike would give me a good option in dry conditions. Plus it won't break the bank.

And I'll probably do RAGBRAI on it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just ordered a new frame.

Nothing fancy or sexy.  Just ordered a Surly Cross Check in gloss black.

That was the same damned bike that suckered me into CX!  A tiny one...maybe a 42.  Now I'm eyeballing this, since my JDRF ride team affiliation can net me 20% off at our LBS:

I don't NEED another bike, but I really want a CX bike with discs, in part because my newly weakened wrist has made braking and shifting particularly difficult on the right side--if money were no object I'd probably be looking at Ultegra Di2 shifters.  My current Redline has HORRID Kore brakes...and DS has outgrown his little Redline Conquest 24, so he would inherit my Conquest for a couple of years (and we'll see if replacing the pads on that helps or perhaps looking at something like mini-Vs) and I would upgrade.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

Zoomy

This will be my 2nd Surly Cross Check. I sold the first one to make way for my Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross.

This winter, if funds allow, I will be building my dream cross / gravel bike...Either a Cannondale Super X or Salsa Warbird TI.