The Bike Shop

i'm buying a bike (Read 58 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This winter, if funds allow, I will be building my dream cross / gravel bike...Either a Cannondale Super X or Salsa Warbird TI.

DH scored a killer deal on a SuperX last Fall...I think $1900 for a bike that retailed for $2600.  He really loves it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

Day off work...two bikes thru the stand ready to go back to the college town where they wintered outside. One required new rubber. I was able to salvage the cables and housings. It pays to make the upfront investment!

The third bike, my sister-in-laws is in need of some serious TLC.

Zoomy, I envy your DH.

The Super Six Evo is friggen awesome. (road)  Just don't expect a smooth ride.

Village people

That is one cool looking bike!

That was the same damned bike that suckered me into CX!  A tiny one...maybe a 42.  Now I'm eyeballing this, since my JDRF ride team affiliation can net me 20% off at our LBS:

I don't NEED another bike, but I really want a CX bike with discs, in part because my newly weakened wrist has made braking and shifting particularly difficult on the right side--if money were no object I'd probably be looking at Ultegra Di2 shifters.  My current Redline has HORRID Kore brakes...and DS has outgrown his little Redline Conquest 24, so he would inherit my Conquest for a couple of years (and we'll see if replacing the pads on that helps or perhaps looking at something like mini-Vs) and I would upgrade.

Village people

Here I am, looking a bit pasty. Oh well.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is one cool looking bike!

Unfortunately it looks like the 2013s in a 47 are already done for the year...so I may have to wait for a 2014, at this point.  No biggie.  I LOVE your bike...my 29er is red and I really like how eye-catching red bikes are. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

You look great!   Sweet bike Smile

Here I am, looking a bit pasty. Oh well.

Village people

Thanks.

Zoom-zoom, my four year old liked that bike you posted, she is becoming an expert. I hope you have luck finding it, next year.