Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Aug 31 - Sept 6 (Read 301 times)

The young Mama Bear!

Jenner, go girl! Ran a legit course in Philly - Fairmount Park! It's really a great place and all different types of people run there. I had to stop a few times but I didn't let it get me down...besides, the waterfront made me so happy. Smile
    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Jenner congrats on your first 5K!!!!! Cyndi good luck tonight, just take it slow I've had many half hung over mornings, once you get into your grove it'll be better! Goddess sounds like a great run! I have been resting from an injury. I believe it's Plantar Factititis (spelling?) and it was really bad, got some inserts and it's feeling much better as long as I have the cushy inserts in. I have time tonight and I'm thinking I might try out a test run and see how it goes. If it's really bad I'm calling to doctor tomorrow for an appt since it might be a pulled or torn tendon instead... never had the injury (either one) so it's really hard to figure out which it is and I'm not one to run to the doctor first thing. Hopefully whatever it is it isn't super bad so I won't be out of commission for too long! I am two runs away from graduating from the C25K program so this stinks big time! Sad
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

The young Mama Bear!

Thanks, Jennicap. :] As for PF, my mom has it. I know that it's a typical running injury, but my mom's is chronic. She uses a foot thingy when she sleeps to relieve the pain in her heel. She can't stand for long periods of time. I really do hope it's not chronic for you!
        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think I'm on my way to being a OHR. I did a run tonight and, when I checked my time, it was 53:15. It really didn't feel like I was out that long. I was just really comfortable (no cramps or stiffness or breathing problems or heaviness in my legs or anything) so I just ran. It was also my new longest distance.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I am two runs away from graduating from the C25K program so this stinks big time! Sad
            I know how you feel. I was pretty close to the end of C25k when I had to take a month off because of a knee injury. It got bad enough I could barely make it up the stairs. Then when I started running again, my other leg and hip started bothering me. I took a week off but that didn't help. I just ran tonight for the first time in 2 weeks, and both legs felt good, so maybe I'm past all that now.
              Monday I started the C25K, W1D1. Today's day 2. Day 1 went better than I had expected (and the time just flew). I actually am looking forward to the next.
              CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I actually am looking forward to the next.
                You know it's going well when this happens. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

The young Mama Bear!

Actually did a run on a treadmill for the first time today (hiss! boo!) and it was okay. I think I was pounding on it really hard...oops! Most of the time I was going at 5.0 but the last 3 minutes I went for 5.3-5.5. Big difference. I might have to stick to the gym because my bike got stolen this morning and I'd have to walk about a mile or so to the park. This was an amazing day. 1 day before my birthday, and this happens. Angry
                  erendis

that stinks that someone stole your bike Sad one way to think of that mile to the park is that it's a great warm-up!!
                    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

Baby bean!

Okay, officially finished week 4. I had the DH and I do an extra day. This is a hard time right now because I just went back to school and I come home and I'm beat. I napped for an hour today Shocked and it felt like 10 minutes. It was a sloooow run but a run nonetheless. We hope to start week 5 on Saturday due to some stuff Thurs. and Fri.

Goals:
                      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Baby bean!

Hey Goddess. Sorry about your bike, but happy early birthday! Big grin Hope tomorrow is a WHOLE lot better!

Goals:
                        Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like everyone's doing great! Keep up the good work. Hey goddess, when you get the chance can you bump my son up on the charts? He's done with Week 5 (yes, he killed the 20 minute run!!). Thanks.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

We are going to try changing routes. We live just across the Hudson River from NYC in a heavily-paved town, so our options are limited, so we always run in a somewhat short loop by the river. We'll have to stretch it out, even if it means running on the road with the crazy drivers around here!
                            Thanks for the advice, Meg! We switched it up this morning for W2D2 of OHR and it definitely helped. My wife is running out of gas around mile 2--we think that she needs to hydrate some during the run, so hopefully that will get her going in the right direction again. Only 10 days until our first 5K race!
                            2008 Goals:
                            1. Finish C25K
                            2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
                            3. Complete One Hour Runner
                            erendis

did week 1 day 2 of my interval-ish version of OHR. another 5 am run, this time having gone to work the day before and man, was i exhausted! i went to bed early (9pm) and i was still really sluggish on the run- i kept thinking "why did I do this??" still made ok time, 30s/mi slower than we did on monday, and the drenching sweat let me know we were still getting a good workout.
                              I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
                                oh man! I finally finished W7D2. It took me three tries. I hadn't gone in a week because I was so frustrated. Plus school start. It was raining. Big grin It was great.
                                Goals: Run.