Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Steamy July (Read 11 times)

obiebyke

Hiya. I'm bored at work, so I thought I'd try to revive our little group. I'm doing OHR again after yet another running lapse. Today I did my W6D3 41 minute run. It was MUGGY and I wasn't feeling good, but I completed it.

How's everyone else doing?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Singer who runs a smidge

Good luck with the revival!  I'm still battling sore knees, so I'm still not running.  Doing exercises, and hoping that I can get back to running when fall rolls around?

It's annoying to remember that my first major flare-up of runner's knee was during Peachtree Road Race, last year.  Yeah, over a YEAR of this poo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

obiebyke

Oh no! All the way into fall? Ouch, both literally and figuratively!

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, that's why I'm a singer who doesn't run.  I think I've booked like 30 miles this year.  Roll eyes  I'm going to put my faith in these bodyweight exercises I'm doing, plus an herbal anti-inflammatory, until the weather cools off.  If I still can't run, then I may go back to the doctor.  There was a mention of cortisone shots, though he didn't really want to do that, as it might set me up for problems later.  But I've forgotten what it's like to not be in pain, which is annoying.

I turned 40 last September.  Everybody said it would be downhill from there, but I didn't know it was like falling off a cliff!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

obiebyke

I bonked my 45 minute run today. Dang. I'll get it Friday...

Singer who runs a smidge

If it's ridiculously hot where you are like it's hot here, I'm not surprised!  I saw a girl out running about 9:15 this morning.  It was 88 degrees, and I thought, "Are you crazy???"

It's hot in Michigan too.  Guess I picked a bad week to start the C25K!  Not complaining about not being loose!

Actually though, the week 1 runs are short enough that running in 92F air is no big deal - but I do wish it was closer to 60F.

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

obiebyke

Hey, HockeyFan. Welcome! What brings you to C25K? Looks like maybe you fell out of the running habit and are falling back in?

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Hockey!!  I've never been to Michigan -- wouldn't have pegged it for being so hot in the summer!

obiebyke

I did my 45 minute run successfully today and SMASHED the 5K barrier. Hooray!

Singer who runs a smidge

Woot woot!!!!  Congrats to you and happy grins!!  Cool

Yeah, I have a bad habit of cycling between being in shape and out of shape.  It's about a 3-4 year pattern that's been repeating for a good 20 years.

I'm giving the C25K a try for the first time.  I'm finding it a bit harder to get back into running this time.  Following a 'plan' appeals to the engineer in me.

Week 2 here I come!

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

ikez78

Coach Mark

Stick with it everbody!

Running in this heat will make the fall feel MUCH more comfortable.

Runner, Teacher and USATF Coach blogging at TeachtoRun.com.

Also working with RRCA and USATF coaches on creating "The Ultimate 5k Plan" at HowToRun5k.com