Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

It's ok to go slow (AKA I wanna show off a before/after pic) (Read 1108 times)

My Little Pony hair.

In case anyone just starting out is wondering what the c25k can do for you, even if you consider yourself a beast or a cow or lardass or whatever your personal self-deprecating of the moment is, and even if your slower-than-shit pace of around 19:00/mile makes you feel decidedly un-runner-like, here's a before and after shot of me after about 4 months and 30lbs.  And this is only at week 6.

So yeah, don't be afraid to be slow.  Just be persistent. 

Before and After

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
    • run 1000k
    • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Congrats on the improvement!  No one should ever consider themselves as anything less than a person with worth and potential.  Smile  I agree, one should never be afraid to go slow.  Smile
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Lookin' good!  Keep up the good work! 

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

Thanks, I'm still getting used to the fact that I'm actually being active and stuff.  I've never been athletic at all.  But is is wicked cool to see the changes happen, gradual as they are Smile

Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm the most unusual runner in my little town.  It's a pretty quiet place (except for tonight, where the morons across the street are freaking out my animals with fireworks), so seeing some chick with black hair, a septum piercing, her chest brightly tattooed and stretched earlobes out for a morning run must give the little old biddies I usually see on the path a bit of a start.  So far no one has crossed to the other side to get away, like people would do when I had purple hair, but this lazy place needs some fun in it.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
          • run 1000k

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Baby bean!

Crystal...AWESOME job!  You are working so hard and it is showing!  And I agree...small towns need some spicing up and you are not just spicing up the roads, but hopefully you are inspiring others to follow.  I'm really proud of you!

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

You Are Beautiful.

A.MAZ.ING.

Do you have a 'final' goal? Wow! How awesome!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
              Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Bravo !!!!!!!!!! You are looking great.  What a change!   Keep it up!   Woods lady

My Little Pony hair.

A.MAZ.ING.

Do you have a 'final' goal? Wow! How awesome!

My initial goal was 30lbs, because it's easier for me to think "I'm going to lose 30lbs" than "I'm going to lose 50lbs."  I figured that if I could lose 30lbs, then it wouldn't be difficult for me to try to lose 40, or 50, or whatever, because I can just trick myself into a "I'm just going to lose 10lbs" mentality.

As for final goal, while I'd love to get down to what my license says I weigh - 135lbs, my high school weight when I first started driving - I'll be perfectly content to get to whatever weight I feel happiest and healthiest at.  If that's 150 or 160 or hell, even 170, then so be it.  At this point, 135lbs doesn't seem like a huge stretch for me, since I'm already a third of the way there if you consider where I started at.  And as a treat for this achievement, my lovely hubby has told me I can buy myself a GOOD running skirt next week, since I was sadly disappointed that our local Walmart didn't have any that weren't utter crap.  Break out the sunscreen and the Body Glide, Crystal's going to bare her legs for the first time this century.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                  • run 1000k

Wingz

Professional Noob

I would suggest you contact Zoom-zoom for advice on purchasing a running skirt.  If you drop her a line by the message feature I'm sure she'd be happy to discuss shopping for running attire!  Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

I would suggest you contact Zoom-zoom for advice on purchasing a running skirt.  If you drop her a line by the message feature I'm sure she'd be happy to discuss shopping for running attire!  Big grin

As Eddie can attest to, I sat at my desk yesterday for about 4 hours reading reviews for all different brands.  At this point I'm going to get myself one from RunningSkirts.com because they've got a decent amount of them on sale at the moment, and if I find the shorts are too short then I'll shell out the cash for one from Atalanta or skirtsports.com or suck it up, buy some with the spankies, and slather myself in more Body Glide Wink

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                      • run 1000k