Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Hello (Read 139 times)

les-anne

Hello everyone. I just joined a gym and want to get in shape and lose some weight. I would also like to maybe try to run a 5k and someone told me about this site so I'm going to give the C25K program a try.
    iang999

Hi les-anne, welcome to the group! I am sure the others will say hello when they wake up late today Wink Yes, the C25K plan is ace. It really does work, I have done it and loads of others have as well. It really does prepare you well for going the distance which seems an impossible task at first. There are many people here going through the same plan and also those who have finished but are moving on to bigger things (or maybe not in my case Confused). Good luck and let us know how things go.
      Complete C25K Done on 11/16/08!
      Keep running regularly 3 times a week
      Weight loss
      Plan a 5k race Do a 10k
      Get weekly mileage up to 20
        Welcome! Big grin I am a running newbie too!

The young Mama Bear!

Hi! If you have any questions about the whole of the program, ask any of us grads. If you have any questions about particular weeks, ask those currently running it. We've got a mix of both. The group is slow because of several reasons (people are busy, holidays, weather), but we're supportive. Smile If you start the program, check the stickied threads here. There's one where you can enter your data. That way, you don't have to ask Wingz or I to add you in...you can do it yourself! Good luck!
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.