Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/11 - 5/16 (Read 503 times)

Week 7 day 1..this just keep getting easier and easier!! SmileBig grinWinkCool
      Just signed up for my first event!! I'm not calling it a race, since of course that won't be my intention Tongue It's an 8k, some paved and some trail. Two weeks from this weekend. It's a scheduled run day for my mom and I, so we plan on doing our regular cycle (she'll be on a 25 minute day, and I'll be on a 30 minute), and then walking the rest. Kind of exciting! And slightly nerve wracking Wink
        Ran W5D3 this morning on the trail with the dog. It took 26 minutes to run 2 miles, but I did it! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Smile

You Are Beautiful.

Yay kwikstop! Big grin We're about in the same place. Week 7 felt good. At least up until yesterday when my mp3 battery died Sad I'll probably go again tonight to make up the loss, at least.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
          Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Baby bean!

Hardest run EVER today! I got the brilliant idea for DH and I to do W7 down on the boardwalk at the beach. Sounds nice, right? We get there and it is a grey day. Can't see the ocean from the parking lot. Very foggy and VERY misty. But it wasn't crowded and the salty air was delicious. We start off and go about 1.2 miles before we decide to turn around. We didn't want to be too far from the car. Well, WHAM!!! Holy crap, running back was friggin HARD b/c this time, we were running straight into the wind. I was struggling and we still had 12 minutes left. I soooo wanted to stop but knew I couldn't. Then DH tells me, with 1/2 mile to go, that we should pick up the pace. HA HA HA...that was a good one. I laughed in his face and told him HE could pick up the pace if he wanted to. I was barely trudging along. Also, lately, I have been doing math in my head during the runs. I'll add house numbers or multiply license plates. Obviously couldn't do it today. So I started spelling. I thought of a category, then went through the alphabet and spelled words. Example, animals. Aardvark, beaver, cougar, dolphin...I think I am truly a geek.

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

You Are Beautiful.

Just checkin' in. I finished week 7 today. W00T! I'm doing my first 5k next Sunday (8 days and counting) and my goal is to run the entire 3.1 miles. My longest runs so far have been the week 7 runs, 2.5 miles. I hope it's not so hot next week as it is now. It's nice for everything BUT running. I like it kinda cold and windy breezy when I run.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
              Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go.