Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Sept 21 - Sept 27 (Read 217 times)

Looks like I'm the first one here today! I finished Week 8 over the weekend. I'm so pleased with my 'bad self' to have made it to Week 9. This is a great birthday present to myself (Thursday!)....last year when turning 40, I was out of shape and definitely not 'fabulous'. This year, I can run for 30 minutes without keeling over, I have muscles, I can touch my toes... Wink It just keeps getting better. Next year at this time I hope to be gearing up for a 1/2 marathon in October. To all the OHR's....make room for me, I'll be joining you next week! Hope everyone has a great week.
    Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Congrats on running 30mins! I've been out with a heel spur but I am back now and ran W9D2 yesterday. I'm going straight into OHR so I figured I'll just keep going. I'm planning on doing my graduating run tomorrow and then start OHR on Friday!!!!
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
        I started week 9 this past weekend. I was visiting my brother up in the UP of Michigan for his wedding and a bunch of people went running out on the trails he has on his land. He trains and races sled dogs so he has miles upon miles of trails out in the middle of nowhere right off his yard. It was a great start to week 9. The trail running was great, it was beautiful. The fact that I had no idea where I was going, or where I was may have made time go by faster because I was scared of getting lost and I was scared I'd see a Moose or a bear. But I would run on those trails before my usual city runs any day! I'm back at home and I have to run here today out on the sidewalk... Sad
          Sounds like everyone is doing super-well - yay! I started Week 2 today and felt fantastic, am really enjoying myself. Got caught out in the rain today but was fine as actually very refreshing.

The young Mama Bear!

I just did my first 3-miler in about a month...and it wasn't so bad! I just immersed myself in the music, ignored other people, and kept going. The last mile was painful (side stitch, which I always seem to get in my 3 mile...no matter how slow I'm going) but I finished and could have kept going. I'm back in action! Got new running tights, too...they kept me warm in the chill morning. I really am addicted to getting new running stuff! ETA: I forgot to tell all of you guys how far you have come! I'm so impressed. Cool
            Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
            Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
            jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Cyndi - Happy birthday this week, and good for you for the progress you made. I wish I had started in my 40s. . . Sounds like everyone is doing well. Sorry I've been MIA and not here to cheer everyone on. Just haven't had as much time on the computer lately, but I'm still running. Did OHR W9D3 this morning, so just one more week to go!
                I ran twice last night. The first run was my usual plan to go farther than 3 miles that didn't work. I made it 2 before I had to take a walk break. Then I got home and my husband was looking for some exercise so I went back out with him. He runs a lot slower than I do so it wasn't a big deal to add a little more on for the night. We ran a another slow mile and then walked/ran another half mile or so. I wish I could figure out how to get myself running more than 3 miles continuously.
                  finally done with week 8. only one more week to go. though it will probably take me two weeks the way i'm going. today was harder. i started faster than usual but i pushed through and took over 30 seconds of my pace
                  Goals: Run.

Baby bean!

Just ran W6, D1 but we changed it a wee bit because we were a bit delinquent the past few days. So it was R8, W3, 3X. Yay.

Goals:
                    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

erendis

Great to see all the progress- keep it up! Cyndi, happy B-day- you get to enter a new year of life as a runner Smile Goddess- glad to see you getting back into the groove. You may have noticed I took myself off of the OHR graph, but don't despair! After the race, I realized I need to train for distance, at least until 3mi is not so tough and I can do races without feeling like I can barely finish. So I'm not concerned about time now, and following the last 4 weeks of the Hal Higdon novice 5k program. Our standard mid-week runs were about 2.25 mi, so we went with the week that follows the 2.25 marker. On Tues, we ran 2.5 mi (at 5am again!) and it went really well. Tomorrow we do 2mi, and then Saturday we do 2.5mi again. I've also been doing some weight training with the nautilus machines at the school gym, but I took today off because parent night left me exhausted. I'm confident I'll be back to weights 2x a week by monday though. keep on running!!
                      I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

The young Mama Bear!

Happy birthday, Cyndi! I bet all that running makes you feel younger. Big grin Thanks, Erendis! And I must say - if you've been helping me out with the charts...I 'ppreciate it! Smile 2 miles today, doing a plan that a very wise runner concocted for me. 2nd mile was faster than the first, and let me tell you that that HURTS! He said it's a bad habit of runners to slow down each mile they tack on, and he's right. Absolutely right. So I ended up running an 11:10 mile and a 10:46 mile (PR!) for a "blissful" 21:56 of running. The first mile was odd because I felt like I wasn't running fast at all...funny how your pace will get so much better that you're running faster when you didn't think you were. I honestly thought the first would have been 13:00, but nope! I am the fastest big girl in the world! Tongue I am proof that you can run, even if you don't look like Deena Kastor. Wink Happy running! Runners are some of the nicest people in the world, as evidenced on my run today!
                        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                        jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I ran OHR W10D1 today. Only 2 more runs left in the program!
                            Congrats on everyone's progress this week! I'm doing W4D3 of the C25K tomorrow. Almost half way through! I'm loving it, though.
                            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I love reading this thread. Everyone is so positive and upbeat! And littlefrog, I love love love rain runs. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

Man, I haven't poked my head in here in a few weeks, and I am so impressed to see all the great posts and progress! You guys are doing amazing things. Keep it up!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul