Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

It's so quiet in here! (Read 196 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Welcome back Dutchie! Glad to hear your getting back out there.

Hope - congrats on finishing W3D1! Keep up the good work. Consider slowing down a bit to ease stress on the knee. Do you use a brace of any kind? When I first started running I needed two elastic braces for my knees. Ran first half in them. After awhile I no longer needed them. Guess other muscled strengthened and pick up the slack so to speak.

BB - nice job on W4. It almost sounded like you may be going to fast on the running segments. you can build time on feet endurance at slower paces with reduced chance of injuries.

Ya'll Keep on Keeping on!!

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Dutchie42

Hi Bob Wink

The holidays definitely messed up my routine, not just the running, just about everything, including going to bed hours later than usual, I should've known cause this happens every year, sigh. I'll just have to repeat my week 2 Sad

ETA: hopped on the TM earlier this morning and didn't do too badly, though my legs didn't seem up to the job for the first 10 minutes.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh yeah, the holidays change everything.  It's all good, but I'm not doing a lot of running until I get back to a regular work schedule, which will be next Wednesday.  I might do week 4 next week, or I might redo week 3, and I have no intentions of deciding until I have to, because I'm on vacation!!  Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.