Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 6/5-6/11 (Read 394 times)

Ran W7D3 of C25K this morning on the trail with the dog.  I ran 3.1 miles and pressed the pace the whole way just to see what I could do.  It was so awesome to see my pace come down!  We flushed a couple of deer and even a vole along the way.  It was a terrific morning to run.  I hope everyone else is having a great start to their week too.

Chup,  You're plugging right along, almost done now!  You're lucky to have your pace come down this time of year, it is HOT here and I'm going SOOOOOO   SLOOOOWWWWWLY.  But, at least I'm going! Smile

Michele in NC

JoggingPanda

I am happy for you Chup! Keep it up.

Thanks for the encouragement!

bianchilvr - Why do you write that you're running so slowly?  Is there a physical struggle or is it more of a mental struggle?  Heat and humidity can be a killer, but you seem to run early in the morning which is a great idea to minimize the impact.  Just curious.  Keep up the good work!  

Just ran W2D2 of c25k.  I'm not feeling winded anymore like I did after my first couple runs.  Also, my body isn't that sore afterwards either.  Can't wait for my next run.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Thanks for the encouragement!

bianchilvr - Why do you write that you're running so slowly?  Is there a physical struggle or is it more of a mental struggle?  Heat and humidity can be a killer, but you seem to run early in the morning which is a great idea to minimize the impact.  Just curious.  Keep up the good work!  

Chup, some people seem to do OK in the heat and humidity, others don't .  I live in the Southeast,where yes, it's cooler in the morning but the humidity is near 100% every morning.  It is very hard to run in that humidity, because you don't cool down when you sweat.  Supposedly you get acclimated somewhat...I think I  have as much as I'm going to...I just have to keep running, hoping for FALL! Smile

DigitalFirelfly and RunningPanda, welcome!  DF, the hardest part is getting started.  Welcome to the addiction!

Michele in NC

bianchilvr - Bummer.  What you need is a summer vacation!  At any rate, you're doing great and fall will be here before you know it.  Smile

DigitalFirefly - Way to go!  You are well on your way!

JoggingPanda - Thanks for the encouragement.

Ran W8D1 on the trail with the dog this morning.  Left the watch at home again and maybe that's a good thing.  Passed a guy with two dogs off leash which was a pain, but he had them on leash when we passed later.  Things feel pretty good, but I need to get back to working my core.  Smile

Hello everybody, I just re-started C25K (I completed it 3 years ago and then stopped running).  W1D1 last night with my dog, it was 80° and humid which is pretty unusual for VT but I didn't want to let it stop me when I was finally motivated enough to start running again!  Let's hope it's a little cooler for my run tomorrow Smile

2009 Goals:
                    PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                    Run a 10K
                    Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                    Complete my first Sprint Tri

JennerVT - Welcome back into the fold! 

Welcome back Jenner!  The hardest part is getting started.  I just completed the c25K in January after a 4 year hiatus from running.  You can do it!

Chup, I wish I were motivated to do core work...I REALLY need to do it!Blush

Michele in NC

Just did W2D3.  I'm a little nervous to move to week 3.  I was struggling to finish the running parts today, but I think it's because of this crazy heat and humidity.  I wasn't this tired after W2D2.

Should I do an extra day of week 2 before moving on or is it better to just try week 3 and run as long as I can?

Thanks,

-Jon

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DFirefly,  Nearly everyone has to repeat some workouts in c25k.  Sometime, you're not ready to move on.  Sometimes, you're just having a bad day.  If it were me (and, it's not) I'd probably progress to the next workout.  But, if I had two bad workouts in a row, I'd re-assess backing off a little bit or repeating a workout.

Michele in NC

DigitalFirefly - Repeat as often as needed.  There was one runner a year to two ago, I think Woods Lady or Forest Lady, that repeated just about every week and her name is on the list of C25K graduates!  I think the basic idea with C25K is to firmly establish the running habit while minimizing the risk of injury.  Are you doing C25K based on time or distance?  ... And happy running!  Smile

W3D1 complete.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  

Started c25k on 5/30/11