Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Inspiring C25K quotes (Read 1437 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Did someone say something in the forums that inspired you? Quote them here!
    sefkhet - what some call a scrape, we call proof that nothing can stop a runner! Good job on finishing the run and hope you heal quickly.
    --theyapper66 posted: 7/22/08 at 3:55 PM

Roads were made for journeys...

The young Mama Bear!

"You've trained for this big run. You'll be fine. It sounds scary, but you can do it and it will give you a huge confidence boost going into week 6. Cool" - CanadianMeg So much good advice from everyone on this one, but this one quote was (and still is) very true for anyone going up against W5D3. Smile
      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Big grin Real runners have stories like this to tell! Of falling down and getting right back up. Those scratches and bumps are little badges that represent your hard work and commitment to your new sport! Cool! Cool
        Love this!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

More turtle than hare...

Yesterday, I actually thought "oh good, I get to run tomorrow". That is the FIRST TIME EVER that I have had that thought. It's a major breakthrough for me. Smile
          This is the type of miracle that running slowly and sensibly can bring about! eta: That was from runswithdogs, by the way. Wink
          Wingz

Professional Noob

I just feel good that I started this and that I am trying something completely new and different and challenging - I've always been slightly envious of runners looking all fit and strong, getting that 'runners high' you always hear about, and let's not forget the cool running gear! Cool Somewhere along the way I thought, why CANT I be in that club?
            -CyndiKo 8/1/08 @ 10:48 am

Roads were made for journeys...

theyapper

On the road again...

I may not go fast but I go. - redleaf
              I love that one.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

More turtle than hare...

I can't believe I actually ran for 20 minutes and didn't die. Big grin For the first time in my entire life I ran a mile without stopping!! The first time in my entire life I can say I ran for 2 miles!!
                Mimi73 speaks for lots of us, I think. Who would've thought we would become runners? Cool
                  paraphrasing Cheffy: Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
                  CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

A bad run is better than good sit on the couch.
                    Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I forget who originally coined this one, but I repeated it over and over to myself as I HTFU to finish my first 5K: DLF>DNF>DNS (translation: Dead Last Finish is better than Did not Finish, which is better than Did Not Start).
                      2009 Goals:
                      PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                      Run a 10K
                      Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                      Complete my first Sprint Tri
                      erendis

Ennay: "the vast majority of beginners get caught up in how they "SHOULD" run and forget that they should mostly "JUST RUN". " From the Running 101 > What's more important...heart rate or pace? thread lots of gems in that thread!
                        I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

Baby bean!

Ennay posted this on another thread and although it isn't C25K specific, it's good to remember. Run farther to get faster Run slower to run farther.

Goals:
                          Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

"When I rise, may I rise up joyful, like a bird. When I fall, may I fall without regretting, like a leaf." I found this quote of" Wendell Berry from "Batensmack" in, I think , the Masters Forum. I especially love it, because I do my C25K in the woods.

Baby bean!

Courtesy of TheYapper!

...running is a lifestyle. It's no longer just a 9 or 10 week experiment. It is a part of who I am and what I do.

I love this quote! 

Goals:
                              Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.