Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

February running - let's get out there or hop on the treadmill (Read 8 times)

Dutchie42

Yesterday was THE slowest 5 kilometers ever in my running history: a full 40 minutes of running and walking, in an effort to keep my HR below 150 bpm Shocked

It's the 5th day of February. What have you all been doing this month Wink Did you get out on the trails, the road, the treadmill?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Singer who runs a smidge

Dutchie, are you doing Maffetone training, or something similar?

I planned to go for a walk today ... but got buried in work instead.  DH had to come in and do a little work for me, which necessitated shutting Dusty up in his crate for about 5 hours, so maybe we'll go for a run tonight.  Otherwise Dusty will get DH up at 3AM, which makes me feel guilty.  A little bit, anyway.  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

Hopesmom: no, no Maffetone training, but after the arithmia I still am having lingering symptoms (out of breath easily, tired, that feeling like I just had a scare). Not being fully recovered after two weeks in itself is not normal. Recovery is usually just a few hours and a long nap.

When I run on the TM I always play with the speed button which can take my HR up and over 180bpm which is normal and no big deal. But under the circumstances, I don't want my HR to go too high until I've had the exercise stress test.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

This morning was a 5K run/walk again. Took longer than Monday, a whopping 40:43 minutes Disapprove I needed a longer recovery walk than I did on Monday.

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Dutchie, it sounds like you definitely need to find out what's going on!  When is the stress test?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

Hopesmom: stress test is next Thursday. So, not too long a wait. I was surprised they could fit me in that quickly.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Skipped my Friday run but did do UB, a short cardio HiiT workout and a boxing workout.

Tomorrow is my last run of the week.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

5.12 kilometer Run/Walk this morning. Didn't feel so frustrated today. Actually enjoyed the run. It felt sooooo easy Wink Added on a LB workout.

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

What's UB and LB?  I brought in my gear to swim today, hopefully I can work that out.  I'll go for a walk if swimming doesn't happen.

Dutchie42

Hopesmom: UB = Upper Body and LB = Lower Body (or legs). And did you get a swim in?

Yesterday was another LB workout where traditional exercises are alternated with plyo exercises. This type of workout always has a good effect on my running.

This morning was another 5 kilometer run/walk on the TM. This evening will be an UB workout.

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, that makes sense!!  Haven't swum yet, fixing to head over to the gym after I check this sample and see what the pool schedule is for now-ish.

Singer who runs a smidge

Dutchie, good luck with your stress test today!!  When will you know the results?

Dutchie42

Hopesmom: thanks, I already know most of the results

-cholesterol is back to normal: from 6.7 back in September (which is too high) to 5.5 and I didn't do anything to get it lowered

-blood pressure is also back to normal (was 87/151 two weeks ago and is now 70/125)

-iron levels are perfect (average for females is 6.5 and it was 9.7)

-VO2max was 41.9 which is better than excellent in my age category

-lung volume is much greater than the graph for my age indicates

-HRmax is 197 (I always use 194, but nice to know there's a margin)

-EKG and CO2 analysis was normal till the last 90 seconds. Then it suddenly was abnormal as it suddenly spiked and they couldn't explain it, other than maybe it was because someone put pressure on the mask on my face. Which might've caused me to slightly push back which in turn spiked my HR and in turn my CO2. They'll discuss it with cardiology but they don't think there's anything to worry about.
                            -And to top it all off, I weigh 3 pounds less than my scale tells me: 56 kilograms My own scale told me 57.6 this morning.

-They measured my fat % but I told them I didn't want to know, it would just spoil my good feeling.

Anyways, after they've spoken to cardiology they'll email me the full written report. Unless cardiology thinks something is not right, then they'll call me asap. So their advice: over the course of the next four weeks build back up to my normal running routine/ exercise routine and forget about my heart rate. Yeah!

I was supposed to run today, but because of the stress test I didn't workout this morning. I could say I'll do it after work, but I know I never do Blush

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, at least it sounds fairly comforting!  Glad you're clear to build back up!

Dutchie42

5 min R / 60 sec W - repeat once
                                7 min R / 60 sec W - repeat twice
                                finish till 40 minutes total, increasing speed in the last two minutes. It made for a 5.7 kilometer run on the TM.

Nice, almost effortless run. Felt like normal running again, despite the walk breaks.

Dutchie