Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 7/13 - 7/18 Whachadoin? (Read 389 times)

Hey, guys, the Woods Lady, who holds the record for the longest time on Week 5  (6 weeks!) has passed the 20 min continuous running test, and will now be going on to Week 6!    Whoopee!    Brag, brag!   Today is a day off - just did core exercises on the floor.   Sat. I have a 5K race with DD1.  

Have a good day, everyone.   Woods Lady

Baby bean!

Awesome!!!  Congratulations!!!!!  How do you feel?

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Wingz

Professional Noob

(image stolen from another RA member...)

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

Congrats!  It feels fantastic to finish that run, doesn't it?  I know I felt so awesome last week when I finally finished week 6, which took me about 8 weeks. 

I'm on w7d3 on the treadmill, and w4d3 on the path.   On Friday's run I actually did 27 minutes on the treadmill instead of 25.  Yesterday I went out for a run with my hubby; he took out his skateboard and skated around the bike path, stopping and coming back to give me a bottle of water during the rest intervals.  I got my running skirt last week, and that thing is so comfy to run in; I'm definitely going to need to look into getting some of the ones with the longer capris/leggings under then for fall.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
          • run 1000k
          • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Congrats Woods Lady!  What a feeling!

Finished W2 yesterday.  Crappy run, but at least it is over and done with.  On to W3!  Still have my sights set for Harpoon Brewery Octoberfest 5K this fall, it's far enough out that I should be able to finish C25K and have a few weeks to work on increasing my mileage/pace and hopefully beat the crap out of my PR.

2009 Goals:
            PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
            Run a 10K
            Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
            Complete my first Sprint Tri

Thanks, friends.  Well, I will admit to being tired yesterday, but made it out to week 6, day 1 today, and it was OK.  sounds like everyone here is doing well. 

Wingz, that kitty picture just asked to be stolen.   Very cute.

Have a good rest of the week, everyone.  

Baby bean!

Just an easy run today to get the blood flowing.  DH wasn't up for being out too long.  Blah!

Goals:
                Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

I had a really long, mentally exhausting day at work yesterday and what I really wanted to do was wallow in my I-Hate-My-Job mood.  However, I forced myself into the gym and said, a half-assed hour in the gym is better than nothing and maybe it'll make me feel better.  Which it did.  W3D1 down.  Very little lower leg pain, which was great, although my breathing was a little difficult and my HR was higher than normal.  That said, it was hot and humid inside and I was really tired.  It's funny, I completed C25K last year and now for whatever reason I'm feeling more like finishing it again is a far-off dream.  I'm not feeling confident in myself for some reason, I need to get that feeling back.
                  2009 Goals:
                  Run a 10K

My Little Pony hair.

Started week 8 yesterday.  That 3 minute increase seriously kicked my ass, but I finished without too much trouble.  Very strange to look at my ipod's c25k app and see that there's only 5 more workouts Smile

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                    • run 1000k
                    • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Repeated W3D1 yesterday, went much better than my first attempt last week.  Feeling a little more confident in my abilities.  I think I'm going to start veering off of the C25K track somewhat, doing 2 or 3 C25K runs and then a long run/walk galloway-style.  I'd like to do the longer run outside to get me used to that but in the meantime while I'm on the TM I'm working on increasing the incline a bit more than usual (1.5% now, next run I'll bump it up to 2%).
                      2009 Goals:
                      Run a 10K