Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Podrunner (Read 134 times)

Ok, so today was my first "official" C25K run. I like the program but hated looking at my watch every 10 seconds No. Then I was browsing through the forums and happened to come across the podrunner system Shocked. I guess it almost mirrors the C25K program but you download the music which tells you when to run and walk. I am interested and wanted to know if any of you have tried it Confused. ~Olivia Btw-I just love these adorable smiley faces!
    Goals: Run.
      Congrats on your first run! I'm in week 7. A lot of my group members used some podcasts with C25K that tell you when to run and walk--I'm sure someone on this forum will know where to find them (I was on the treadmill so it was easy to keep track of my time myself). Those first weeks of lots of intervals are a little challenging to keep remembering what you're supposed to be doing when!
      2009 Goals:
      PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
      Run a 10K
      Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
      Complete my first Sprint Tri
        Here's a link to the podcasts. He has them in a couple of different formats - navigate around to find the others if you need something other than a MP3. Another thing. I noticed that the file names don't line up with the week that you are running. When I downloaded the files to my laptop, I renamed the files so that the numbering matches the week. Yeah, the music is a little bit techno-pop, but not too bad. Since he did this for free and for distribution he had to use non-copyrighted music, so considering his limitations he did good!
        ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
        jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I used them and thought they were much better than having to look at my watch all the time. Not my style of music, but at least it was a mental diversion.

The young Mama Bear!

Wait a sec...are you taking about Ullrey's podcasts or Podrunner intervals? I like both, but Podrunner is more for people who don't need the pep talk and want to run, plain and simple. I will probably be using the Podrunner bit from now on. Oh yeah! Congrats on starting the program. I bet you get addicted. Smile
            Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
            Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.