Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

What running shoes do ya'll use? (Read 409 times)

The young Mama Bear!

I just got new shoes, and now I'm addicted to hearing about what people run in. I'm excited to run in them tomorrow! Mine are Asics Gel Kayano 14s:
    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
      The first pairI bought were Saucony Grid Trigon 4 Ride (I'm an absolute neutral runner). I liked them very much, so my second pair were... Saucony Grid Trigon 4 Ride.

Running in Belgium
      Ann

theyapper

On the road again...

When I first got started, I had an old pair of New Balance. They worked fine. Then, when I got done with C25K, my wife surprised me with these - the NB 908. It's a trail running shoe, but it works great even if I'm not on a trail.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

My current love is the Brooks Infinity:

Roads were made for journeys...

I love New Balance because I have wide feet. I bought my first NB running shoes at Foot Locker because we don't have any running stores around here. Then I found the New Balance online store and bought New Balance 1062, which they told me are for supinators. Honestly, my first pair are a little more comfortable than the second pair, so I try to alternate wearing both. I read somewhere that it was good for your feet to do that.

The young Mama Bear!

I'm a NB fan myself, but I wanted to try something new after the semi-Brooks catastrophe. My shoes were $120 ish dollars, and I'm still in sticker shock. These shoes better make me breakfast in bed or something...I'm so serious. I did a test miler in them and they feel fine. I like the cushioning (vs. the NONE in my Brooks) and I found out today that I'm only a mild pronator that happens to supinate a bit on strike. Weird, I know.
              Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
              Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
              zzz

shoe Adidas Supernova Sequence
                redleaf

I run in an older pair of Mizunos. (couldn't even find a pair online - I just picked a shoe at random for RA I really don't know what they are!) Now before anyone yells at me for "older pair" - yell at me instead for having them, trying to run a couple of years ago, hurting myself, stopping, trying again, falling off the "healthy" wagon and now starting again. I also have a pair of Asics Gel-1110 but I find the mizunos feel better - not sure how really just "better." Because I don't know how much I've used them though I will take them into my local shop after my 5k race at the end of September to see what they think.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

erendis

my shoes are new balance 826 they're light, but i never have ankle or foot pain- just makes it easier to pick those feet up. i hate paying a ton for shoes, but there's this place in provincetown that always sells off their shoe inventory before the summer starts (so they can stock up for new stuff to sell the tourists) and these shoes were only 60 bucks or so (compared to the current RRS price of 103) so i figured it was worth it. my old running shoes were also lightweight new balance, and i just love them.
                    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
                      Currently it's Mizuno Wave Rider 11. I like them a lot, but the mesh uppers mean your feet are instantly soaked anytime someone even whispers water. Also the there is a big void in the sole which can catch fairly good sized rocks. Not much of an issue for me today, but probably not a good trail shoe.
                        Goddess, I nearly bought the Kayanos but I cheaped out because they were 120 at my store too. I couldn't bring myself to shell out more than a hundred bucks (this was in W3 of C25K when, let's be honest, I wasn't sure I was in it for the long haul). I got the next step down, the Asics Gel 2130, and I really do love them. Asics shoes just fit my feet right, and these provide a good amount of support (plus they're cool looking). The next pair I buy will be the Kayanos though, now that I'm hooked on this whole running thing Smile
                        2009 Goals:
                        PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                        Run a 10K
                        Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                        Complete my first Sprint Tri

The young Mama Bear!

Goddess, I nearly bought the Kayanos but I cheaped out because they were 120 at my store too. I couldn't bring myself to shell out more than a hundred bucks (this was in W3 of C25K when, let's be honest, I wasn't sure I was in it for the long haul). I got the next step down, the Asics Gel 2130, and I really do love them. Asics shoes just fit my feet right, and these provide a good amount of support (plus they're cool looking). The next pair I buy will be the Kayanos though, now that I'm hooked on this whole running thing Smile
                          I'm not even going to lie, my next pair is going to be like $80, haha. They're worth it, though. I looked at the 2130 but I ran in them and felt it was too much support for my foot. How do you like them? If you get the Kayanos in the new year, you should be able to get a super deal on them. Smile I know they're sold online for about $100 now...damn you, RRS!
                          Jeff M.

Nike Air Pegasus+ 25
                            erendis

since we've been talking running gear- what other favorites do you have? i saw the discussion last week about running skirts- what's it like? i'd fear the chafing from my thighs rubbing together. i also have a problem with shorts that ride up (probably due to the thigh action Blush ) so i found these running tights that are sortof capri length, although they just cover the knee. it keeps them from riding up because the knee stops 'em!! probably my best discovery at the nike outlet. when i first started working out (aerobics back in college) i could never find a good sports bra either as a large figured gal (36DD). i had that enell one that oprah likes, but its so freaking hot to wear and does not wick moisture at all, so by the end, it would be a puddle in there. for folks who have similar issues, allow me to share my lifesaver: http://www.x-chrom.com/xcart_product_page.php4?product_id=V861327
                              I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
                                since we've been talking running gear- what other favorites do you have? i saw the discussion last week about running skirts- what's it like? i'd fear the chafing from my thighs rubbing together. i also have a problem with shorts that ride up (probably due to the thigh action Blush ) so i found these running tights that are sortof capri length, although they just cover the knee. it keeps them from riding up because the knee stops 'em!! probably my best discovery at the nike outlet.
                                I love my skirts...I have two from runningskirts.com that have briefs in them. A little BodyGlide on my inner thighs, and I'm good to go. My all time fave is my GymGirl Ultra skirt from SkirtSports, which has a mesh compression tight underneath. I heart it. I just ordered another one...pricey but I run so much better and am so much more confident without having to tug my shorts down. Seems like different types/brands of skirts work for different people. My first try was a cheapy from Target, which I didn't love because the short underneath wasn't truely compression, so they rode up a bit. I'll wear the capris sometimes, too, but the skirts are great when it's 85 degrees and 90% humidity! Sorry for the dissertation, but I like to talk about running gear!! Cool

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen