Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 22 to 28 (Read 372 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Another week is upon us. Looks like we have a good mix of newer C25K runners through OHR. Nice to see such a diverse group. I sure hope I get better sleep tonight otherwise my first run of week 8 tomorrow is doing to be 28 minutes of dragging myself down the bike path. Tongue

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Hi everyone! I have been slowly completeing my C25K program. I am currently on week 5 day 3 which I hope to get out tonight and run. I think my allergies are really kicking in lately and I've been overly tired and not wanting to get up early and head out! Then if I wait too long I get hungry and eat and then I can't go out since I'll then get cramps! I need to get out of this funk and get out on the road more often! Hope everyone is doing well! Smile
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

The young Mama Bear!

Hi, CanadianMeg! Thanks for referring me here. Smile I'm but a newbie - tomorrow is my last run for week one, and I just found those podcasts everyone gushes about. They are fantastic! Can't wait to use it tomorrow morning! Good luck to everyone on their runs! Big grin
        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

More turtle than hare...

Had a lovely run in the rain today. A nice refreshing rain, not the nasty, cold chilly rain - it was great. After a busy weekend hosting my parents, it was nice to get out on my own (and feel like I was burning off some of those decadent restaurant meals we ate!!) Hope everyone is well and healthy!
          jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Hi everyone! And welcome to the newcomers! You are all doing great! I came to the realizatoin last week that I can't keep up with OHR while training for my bike trip, so I've had to back off on the running. I've finished OHR W4D1, but don't think I really want to increase beyond 30 minutes for awhile. So, I think I'll just do an occasional 30 minute run when I can work it in, and start increasing maybe in August after recovering from the ride. That being said, I'll still hang out here when I can cheer you on!
              Hello all! I took a week off... something I'm not too happy about, but it just had to be done. I had so much going on this past week I couldn't get out. So I am just happy that is done so I can get back into the routine. On Friday I watched a few friends run this huge 5k in town that has about 1,400 runners and it was so inspiring. That race gets so many spectators it's just fun to see how much support everyone gets. It really made me want to work hard and finish the program so I can run that 5k next year. On Saturday while I was driving to see a friend for the weekend, my husband was running the half marathon that was in town which had about 6,500 runners. He did awesome for his fist half, and it made me want to run even more. He is always inspiring becuase now he is talking about running the full Marathon next year. He is just always striving to do better. Today was the first day back and my legs were really tight but I pushed through it. The whole time I was thinking to myself I am never going to skip running like that ever again!! I am repeating week three becuase I missed last week. It was 75 degrees today too which is quite hot for here so that didn't help. I did decent for not running all last week... but I will make sure from now on I will always make time to run. Smile
                OHR week 2 went well and I feel very strong. Tomorrow I start week 3 and I'm starting to get really excited.
                You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here

50 halfs by age 50

W5D1 all done! Really slow today but I did the recommended times...legs were a little sore.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

theyapper

On the road again...

This was my first run of Week 3 on the OHR. Went well. I was trying to really slow my pace down and thought that I did. I ran a different route and kept my eye on my Nike+ sportband which showed a good, steady 11-11:30 m/m pace. When I got done, I measured the distance and found that the sportband wasn't correct and it had lost o bit over .2 of a mile. So I ran a bit over 10 m/m which is good, but a bit faster than I was trying for.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Jenni, nothing like a run to help pull one out of a funk. goddess9, nice to see you found us! Smile unlapsing, I love running in the rain too! Jb, smart woman! Sounds like a good call not to push your body too far. I'm glad you are sticking around too; I want to hear how that bike training and ride go. Mimi, it does become a lifestyle doesn't it? I can't imagine skipping a week but I totally get how busy life gets. Way to get back out there! Way to go, Quot! Chimera, slow is still getting out there to run. Better to get out and have a slower day than to not go. Wink Yapper, nice work. Slowing down is hard for me too. My pace creeps up even though I don't have the gear to track on my run. I can just feel it. Looking forward to the run tomorrow.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

zzz

Well I just finished my W1D1 last night.... it wasn't bad at all.... i do realize though that this nasty smoking habit has GOT TO GO. I picked up that habit last year of all times.... how lame. Soo along with the running program I am also quitting smoking.... Hopefully when I go on my next run tomorrow evening I'll be able to breathe...haha. No ciggies yet today so you may see me post a lot while I find other things to do besides go stark raving mad. Have a great day everyone!!
                        jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

mimi - glad t see you are back out there again. quot - you are doing great! chimera - slow is better than on the couch. You're doing fine. theyapper66 - you are fast! Meg - thanks for the encouragement. It was a tough realization - but I don't want to jeopardize the biking by pushing too hard on the running right now. turtlechick - great job getting started and trying to quit the smoking. I think there is also a group of ex smokers around here.
                          CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Turtlechick, good luck with quitting smoking. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

GellaBella

Hi guys! For the past almost year I've been running about 3 mi twice a week but I've gotten a bit lazy about it and I'd like to kick my butt back into gear. I was following the one hour runner program before, and got almost all the way to the end, actually I may have completed a few 1 hour runs on my treadmill but those days are gone and once I hit 3 mi I have a mental block that tells me I'm tired and I should stop. Since I'd like to run further though, I'm back. I was thinking of either doing the one hour runner program or hal higdon (sp?)'s spring training program which is a 12 week program I've got taped to my wall at work. Can I still join in for the motivation and support either way?? I think it would really help. Gellabell

The young Mama Bear!

Well I just finished my W1D1 last night.... it wasn't bad at all.... i do realize though that this nasty smoking habit has GOT TO GO. I picked up that habit last year of all times.... how lame. Soo along with the running program I am also quitting smoking.... Hopefully when I go on my next run tomorrow evening I'll be able to breathe...haha. No ciggies yet today so you may see me post a lot while I find other things to do besides go stark raving mad. Have a great day everyone!!
                                Wow, I am so glad I'm here now. Smile Congrats, turtlechick! I found that every day after I finished, I wanted to go back out and do more. You can quit smoking and you'll do wonderfully with C5K! Cool Finished Week 1, and since I started Saturday, Thursday is going to be my 'bridge day'. I'm going to be working up to slow 90 second jogs that day so I'm not overwhelmed come Saturday. Keep it up, guys!
                                Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                                Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.