Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

C25K check-in, week of 9/10 - 9/16 (Read 258 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, all! How was everyone's week? Mine was good. I managed to run a few more times and my foot's not hurting. Yay! Big grin We've been having cooler weather here in NC, and boy what a difference that is making! Everything's easier when you're not so overheated... How was YOUR week?

Roads were made for journeys...

I had a great week of running, Janell. But I have a feeling you were talking to these newer folks. Clowning around

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

psycrunner

Hey Everyone-- I'm still hanging in there with the C25K program. I started Week 3 last night. I've had to slow down a little on the running segments to be able to run for longer time, and keep my heart rate in a reasonable zone, but I'm okay with that. I know the speed will come with time. The good news is I got cleared by my physical therapist to start running on consecutive days, so I threw in a 30-minute EASY run last week, as well. This was a HUGE deal for me because I've never run longer than 4 or 5 minutes without taking a walk break, so the fact that I could RUN for 30 minutes was hugely exciting! Granted, I had to run slower than my brisk walk pace in order to keep my heart rate in my MAF zone, but I still ran the whole time! I know this probably doesn't seem like much to those of you who have been around a while, but this is great progress for me! Hope you all are enjoying your running as much as I am!
        Carol
          So far, so good Wink I'm ready for week 2 now! I'm using the podcasts...anyone else lovin' that?
          Life is Good :D http://ttjk.wordpress.com Couch to 5K support group // Back of The Packers group
          Wingz

Professional Noob

So far, so good Wink I'm ready for week 2 now! I'm using the podcasts...anyone else lovin' that?
            Hey, where can I find these podcasts? Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

psycrunner

I LOVE the podcasts! Especially now in Week 3 that the running segments vary between 90 seconds and 3 minutes! I would hate to have to do that kind of math in my head, while running! Janell--you can get the podcasts here
              Carol