Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

hi! ,intro and question (Read 234 times)

Been lurking all winter as I did my first c25k ,finished In Feb. then got flu for 2 months yuck.Have been creeping back to 5k this month and should be good to go in a couple of weeks .This plan was my second try at running and it's progressive nature is perfect for an old couch potato like me! Now as to a question,Has anyone used or seen this plan used with youth groups ? I'm a Boy Scout leader and think it could be great to get the boys in shape.Maybe even have them finish the course with a race. Thanks all.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, howiezee3! What a neat idea. I have no experience in this, but am curious what other people have to say about it. If you've not already, why not throw this question out on the "Running 101" board since there are so many more people reading it and you're more likely to find someone who's done that.

Roads were made for journeys...

Thanks i'll do a post on 101 forum . I finaly got back up to a 5k run yesterday ,still sucking wind at 33 min. I have to say ,even coming back from a bad bout with the flu ; the progressive increases of the c25k plan made it doable .Thats mostly the reason I think I can sell the plan to the scouts.If an old potato like me can do it they can to .I have acouple of weeks to set up the plan ,as they all have to get medical clearance .I have a little head start on them ,but I think they will catch up to me fast.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

.I have a little head start on them ,but I think they will catch up to me fast.
          Ya, youngsters are annoying that way... Roll eyes Big grin Feel free to send them this way if they are logging their runs online. You might get one or two who wants to...

Ya, youngsters are annoying that way... Roll eyes Big grin Feel free to send them this way if they are logging their runs online. You might get one or two who wants to...
            Duh ! I had them go to coolrunning to get the plan ,I should have sent them right here first .I want them to log thier runs , so they may like to use this site ! I'm so old school I was only thinking paper charts . I introduced the plan last night at an awards diner to all the parents ,and invited them to join us .Got a good responce ! I may be rolling with 20-30 people !
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Coolrunning has an adequate log for what they're probably trying to do. I started out there, but when I found RA's log I switched and have never regretted it! There is a much more active couch-to-5K group at coolrunning, FWIW (thanks to it being the site of origin and a much larger forum!).