Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Just checking in...how is everyone? (Read 423 times)

Baby bean!

It's been pretty quiet over here.  Hope everyone is going according to their plans.  I just did day 1 of OHR.  I am extending this, too, like I did with C25K.  So I should be done by...oh, let's say...December! ;-P

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

My Little Pony hair.

I've been a slacker this week.  Usually I've run3 times before the weekend gets here, but this week it just hasn't been in me and the 2 runs that I did do were a struggle because even though I'm in the house and on the treadmill, it's been around 80F in the mornings with so much humidity that I may as well be swimming (which is why I"m inside and not outside, where it would definitely feel worse).  Not fun at all.

I did manage to do w1d1 of ohr program, and another run where I just decided that I would run until I hit 30 minutes or 1.5 miles, whichever came first.  I promised my husband that we'd go out tomorrow and I'd run and he'd skateboard.  Oh, and my achievement this week is the fact that I broke the 100 mile mark.  Yay!

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
      • run 1000k
      • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Did a race today - 4.4 miles.  MyC25K training paid off!   I ran most of the way, and walked fast the rest.  Got a PR, too.   

I have one more day of week 9, but may repeat that 30 min. a few times, before doing the OHR.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Did a race today - 4.4 miles.  MyC25K training paid off!   I ran most of the way, and walked fast the rest.  Got a PR, too.   

I have one more day of week 9, but may repeat that 30 min. a few times, before doing the OHR.

Way to go, WL!  You've been training well and consistently for a good while now.  Not surprising that it's paid off, but very gratifying. 

Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Whoopee!!!  All finished, and it worked!   I did it.  It took many weeks, and week 5 took two months!   Once I got through that,week, it was a piece of cake.  I'm very happy about it.  I did the timing method, though, and don't think I can actually run 3.1 miles straight, but I am close to it.  I did a 4.4 mile race last weekend, and ran most of it, but walked when I felt I was needing a little easing up.  My pace was 13:28 min. per mile, and that was a PR.

My advice is if you are having a hard time with a particular week, to break it down into smaller segments of progress, and give yourself time at the level that you are able to do.  Your body will adjust.

Good luck everyone!    Woods Lady