Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Another newbie says "hi"! (Read 203 times)

Hi everyone, I am a 28 year old female working on the C25K program. My features are: - very out of shape - very stressed through my job - overweight - smoker Earlier in my life I was doing a lot of sports but had to stop due to problem with my knees. For the last 10 years I was a combination of a couch potato and a workaholic. (Favorite combination: with the notebook on the couch working!) What do I want and expect from C25K? I "just" want to be fit. My ultimate end goal is to be running every day (or nearly every day) for 30 minutes to one hour. I think this will help me balance my life, get along better with the stress and challenges, quit smoking etc. I know that reaching this goal might take several years since I don't want to overdo it, but starting is the first baby-step. I just finished w1d2 of the C25K program and yep I admit I am very proud since I managed to run all the intervals! Big grin Cheers to everyone in this group!
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome, enesia! Congrats on taking this step towards the life you want! I think it's great that you've already got some clear goals for what you want out of this. They sound very reasonable. Starting running is a BIG change in your life. Been there, done that. It's a positive change, but it IS a BIG change! I think you're wise to try to only start one major change at a time. If you allow yourself to become addicted to running, you may find yourself choosing to work on quitting smoking. Know that we do have a quitting smoking support group here at RA as well. The more support the better, eh? Big grin Please join us on our weekly threads and don't be shy about posting. Everyone runs into troubles when they start - that's why we're here for eachother. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Thank you for the nice welcome Smile I already love this group!