Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

How do you keep time when week 4 begins? (Read 338 times)

Baby bean!

The Timex watch I have only goes for 2 intervels, so I'm looking for a good way to keep time.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

The young Mama Bear!

The podcasts are good for up until W7.
      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I used a regular watch that didn't have intervals from the start. I just checked my watch a few times during the run. Makes you really appreciate once you get to full runs without walk breaks. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Baby bean!

The podcasts are good for up until W7.
          I would do that, but I'm running with my husband and I can't have my mp3 player and he be without his. Undecided

Goals:
          Finish C25K

Tortoise

Wrote the intervals on my hand in biro, and checked my watch.
            "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

erendis

I would do that, but I'm running with my husband and I can't have my mp3 player and he be without his. Undecided
              you could just use it to cue the times- when i run with my husband, i only put an earphone in one ear and he follows my lead for when to walk or run.
              I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

The young Mama Bear!

you could just use it to cue the times- when i run with my husband, i only put an earphone in one ear and he follows my lead for when to walk or run.
                That's a good one. Podrunner makes a sound when you need to start running/stop running. Keep the headphones on your person but not on your ears. Can't miss that sound.
                Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

Baby bean!

Ahh, good ideas, thank you!

Goals:
                  Finish C25K

theyapper

On the road again...

I also wrote the times on my hand and would look at it during the run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I loved the podcasts - they made it so much easier than having to glance at the time constantly. I could just focus on form, or zone out if I was so inclined. I didn't listen to any of them after week 7 though and am kind of curious now if there was anything of interest on them. Anyone remember?
                        I just look at my watch while it's in chronograph mode and figure out when I'll need to start the walk or jog portions (run until it says 3 minutes, walk until it says 4:30, run until 9:30, etc.). The first day I had to write it on my hand, but then I realized that the walk sections were half the time of the jog sections. I too am in week 4 of C25K. Wink P.S. I didn't know there were podcasts for this program - where can one find them?

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

I used the music from this website: http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html I quit listening to them after week 5 or 6 though too. I didn't like the music that much. Once you get to the point of doing longer runs, it's not that bad to just glance at your watch and listen to your own music.
                            omccabe: there's nothing new music-wise after week 7. In fact, the the timing of the runs in Week 8 and 9 was a little inaccurate.
                            2008 Goals:
                            1. Finish C25K
                            2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
                            3. Complete One Hour Runner

Baby bean!

I just look at my watch while it's in chronograph mode and figure out when I'll need to start the walk or jog portions (run until it says 3 minutes, walk until it says 4:30, run until 9:30, etc.). The first day I had to write it on my hand, but then I realized that the walk sections were half the time of the jog sections. I too am in week 4 of C25K. Wink P.S. I didn't know there were podcasts for this program - where can one find them?
                              I think I am going to start doing this. I was going between the interval and chronograph portions of my watch but would wind up forgetting to stop the interval part when I switched to teh chronograph and that was messing things up.

Goals:
                              Finish C25K

erendis

P.S. I didn't know there were podcasts for this program - where can one find them?
                                podrunner intervals are here: http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html
                                I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso