Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/17 - 5/23 (Read 407 times)

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well. Good luck this week. Ran W6D1 of C25K this morning and actually improved my pace a bit from W5D3. I also noticed my total miles for C25K so far is now equivalent to a marathon. Smile

You Are Beautiful.

NICE! My first race is a week from yesterday, Sunday the 24th. Life is good! Lovin' the weather Smile Good luck to everyone.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
      Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

My Little Pony hair.

I started going outside for some runs, so I'm sort of on two different weeks. On the treadmill I'm on w6d2, and outside I'm doing week 3 workouts because I'm still not comfortable out on the path (I think I'm still trying to get my pace and stride worked out). My husband now thinks his wife has been abducted by pod people, since I was up and out of the house by 7:30am this morning to do a run, outside, in 40F weather.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
        • run 1000k
        • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

You Are Beautiful.

I'm running this afternoon . Hopefully week 8 day 1. Whatever that is, 27 minutes? 2.75 miles? I think.

My Storygraph

Baby bean!

I'm running this afternoon . Hopefully week 8 day 1. Whatever that is, 27 minutes? 2.75 miles? I think.
            28 minutes or 2.75 but hey what's another minute? Tongue Just went out and oh man...it was b.a.d. First of all, I think it was having 2 slices of pizza and a diet coke (normally don't drink diet soda) at 2:15 and then going to run at 4:45. Maybe 2 and a half hours of digesting time wasn't enough. I also went out without my husband AND without my mp3 player. Since I didn't have the man, I wanted to play it safe. Well, I ran for 5 minutes, had to walk for another minute, ran for 45 seconds, walked another minute, ran for 2 minutes, walked another minute then ran for another 5 minutes. Then I came home and felt like I had this HUGE bubble of air in my belly. It hurt. Sad Hoping tomorrow brings better results!

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

You Are Beautiful.

I had a bad-ish run too, sushi. It was windy and I wore different leggings. It's so weird how you get into your specific routine. It's very therapeutic. The routine. I had my mp3 player and my stopwatch but I just couldn't get past the wind. I ran 1, walked in a circle/stretched for 30 sec, ran 1, stretched for 30 seconds and ran the last 1/2 mi. It made my time look better! I finished my "2.5 mile" run in 27:57. I could not have ran another .25. I was dying. If I took a 2 minute breather I probably could've done it. But I was pretty zonked. PS, Sushi, we have logged almost the same amt of miles for 2009, we're running twins Smile

My Storygraph

I ran W6D2 on the trail with Copper. I covered the first mile with a 10 minute run and a 3 minute walk. I decided to kick into high gear for the second mile and covered it in 11 minutes plus some change. My first sub 12:00 minute mile this year! Woot! Seems like this a week for struggling in general as I read the posts. I hope everyone has great runs for the remainder of the week! Smile
                  week 7 day 4....its been going good just havent beeen able to run every other day because of the rain.

You Are Beautiful.

'grats ChupChup!

My Storygraph

My Little Pony hair.

As congratulations of both hitting Week 6 *and* enjoying a run outside and off the treadmill, I got a surprise from a local running guy from Twitter, who was the first person I talked to before I decided to attempt the c25k. He popped into my work, handed me a plastic bag with a folded up tee shirt and an envelope with my name on it, and took off before I could even figure out who he was (I've never met him in person before). The note was to tell me how awesome I'm doing and welcoming me to the addicting world of running, "From one marathoner to a future one", and the shirt has some sneakers on it a racer number and says "Marathoning is life - the rest is just details." What a way to brighten up my morning Smile

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                      • run 1000k
                      • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Baby bean!

Things have been a little hectic over here with some family things, but getting out is getting out, right? So b/c DH couldn't run with me, I didn't do a scheduled day. Instead, I did a warm up walk, 13 min. run, 3 min walk and 5 min run. I felt bad that I stopped, but I could have made excuses to NOT go out. Hoping to do W7D2 tomorrow or Saturday.

Goals:
                        Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Chup Chup, you are doing great! Smile Keep up the good work. I did week 4 for the 5th time, and it was still tough for the 5 min intervals, so will repeat it yet another time. Woods Lady
                            Ran W6D3 and extended the distance to 2.5 miles though it took 30 minutes. It was pretty much an all out effort on the last half but I felt pretty good. I've done C25K a couple of times over the years and always time-based. This time I'm more distance based and it seems to be easier this time though I am definitely running at a slower pace. Still I feel much stronger at this point and that's a good thing. I see congrats are due to lots of people as the week has progressed. Awesome job everyone!

RookieRider

Onomatopoeia - That is so cool that your friend/mentor registered you for an event. What a nice thing for him to do. ChuChup - You're doing awesome. Keep it up. I struggled this week. I ran w6d3 on Sunday and did ok. Wednesday I attempted w7d1 but my head was not into it. After 11 minutes I walked. I tried to run again several times but it seemed so hard. I decided to just stop and walk the rest of the way since I wasn't enjoying the run. I've only had one other bad day so far. I'll try w7d1 again, maybe on Saturday. I did ride my bike yesterday though. That felt awesome. We're having great weather this week in Columbus, Ohio.
                              2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

You Are Beautiful.

As congratulations of both hitting Week 6 *and* enjoying a run outside and off the treadmill, I got a surprise from a local running guy from Twitter, who was the first person I talked to before I decided to attempt the c25k. He popped into my work, handed me a plastic bag with a folded up tee shirt and an envelope with my name on it, and took off before I could even figure out who he was (I've never met him in person before). The note was to tell me how awesome I'm doing and welcoming me to the addicting world of running, "From one marathoner to a future one", and the shirt has some sneakers on it a racer number and says "Marathoning is life - the rest is just details." What a way to brighten up my morning Smile
                                That is so cool! Sounds like you made a friend Smile

My Storygraph