Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Anyone here thinking about running barefoot/minimalistic? (Read 200 times)

Yes, I do think about it...

But at the moment it's still a bit to cold to add some barefoot hundred yards to my runs...

And minimalistic shoes? Don't know, but I have the impression that's just the Big Brands trying to get their share of the booming enthusiasm for barefoot running...

So I started walking around indoors barefoot or with toe-socks (is that an English word?) when I feel a bit cold.

And although it's cold outside, I go barefoot from gardendoor to the garage (less than 10 yards) when I bring our cats there at night.

Once it's a bit warmer, I will try to walk around in our garden to begin with...

Running in Belgium
    Ann

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Yes, have done more than think about it, run mostly bf or in socks (when ground is cold), or minimal shoes; eg,Vibram Sprints, Saucony Hattari, or others. Have to be more careful to avoid heel landing when in minimals. Am inputting from tablet so might look strange.

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

As I haven't had any trouble with regular old stability shoes, I haven't given it a minute's though...though it is very popular right now!  I run in the city, definitely don't want what's on the sidewalks on my feet, ewww!

Michele in NC

I have access to an indoor track, so I do some barefoot (sockfoot, to be accuate) strides occasionally. I do much of my running in Saucony Kinvera's and Puma Ryjins, both shoes that don't fit the 'minimalist' mold as taken to the Vibram 5 Fingers extreme, but are neutral, light, and flexible.

The current fad is attached to the crossfit one,  I think.