Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

The new year is here! (Read 122 times)

Dutchie42

Wishing you all a Smile HAPPY NEW YEAR Smile

May running success kiss your feet, happiness be part of your life and non stop fun fill your days.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Started the year with a 30:15 sec Run/Walk on the TM.

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya Dutchie!!  DH and I are scheduled to run tonight, probably a week 3 run.  I was going to swim today, but I have some problems in my lab and will likely need to be around for Facilities Management, since my tech is out today.  Somebody has to let them into the lab ...

Life is never dull!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

Had my annual fall-down-the-stairs-mishap on Thursday night. No runs the rest of the week Black eye

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Bless your heart!!  Hope you're doing ok!  My cousin fell down the stairs at her house New Year's Eve, and ended up with a concussion and bruised ribs.  Being a klutz kind of runs in our family, so now I'm knocking on wood ...

The lazies kicked in last week, so DH and Dusty and I will be hitting the road tonight.  I'm not swimming today in hopes that helps my energy level for running.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

HopesMom: how did the run go on Monday?

I didn't feel much like running yesterday; was up way too late anyway. But did get a run in this morning and it all went much better than I expected.

3 min R / 60 sec W
              7 min R / 60 sec W
              14min R / 60 sec W
              7 min R / 60 sec W
              3 min R

First time in months that I managed a 5K.(plus a bit extra).

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Umm ... I haven't run yet this week.  I really hate being cold, so winter running is always tough for me.  I really don't want to go out if it's under 40 degrees.  This week the weather is supposed to be nicer, but I have a quartet audition tonight and then chorus rehearsal tomorrow, so Friday is the first day I'll be able to go out.  Then I have chorus coaching all day Saturday, so this week is pretty much a wash, running-wise.  I'll definitely be getting my exercise through singing, though!  And I got a nice swim in yesterday.

I need to think about maybe doing some runs on the indoor track at the gym.  I hate the TM with a bright purple passion, but I could probably handle the indoor track.  That leaves DH and Dusty sort of on their own, which is not good, but it would at least solve my issues ... things to ponder ...

Dutchie42

First doggie run of the year. First outdoor run of the year. First outdoor run in months!
                  And it showed. Lots of things were annoying me: my HR band, the wind was giving me an ear ache, the leashes were annoying, I had to pull up my tights so often I stopped and tightened it up with the cord, the gentle leader was tinkling, arghhhhh. Sunrise was lovely though. Even saw rabbits. Guess the weather has been too mild so far.
                  Spike slowed me down a bit. Not by much. Think I need new shoes!

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Here's my latest food fad: chia drink

1/2 - 1 tbs of chia seeds
                    10 oz of water
                    Stir regularly until it's start to gel. Leave it for 10 minutes. Add lime or lemon juice and as much agave syrup (or honey) as you like. Stir.... very very nice.

Apparently, you can also have it in your tea. So tomorrow, I'm gonna try it with my mint tea.

I came across chia seeds when I first made an incredibly healthy chia/quinoa bread a few weeks ago. Since I had a whole bag of the chia seeds and only used a little I googled it fo rmore recipies. As a drink, it seems to be very healthy and an energy booster. Good before your early morning run or as an healthy afternoon pick me up.

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

DH and I will often do chia fresca before our summer morning runs, as it helps us to stay hydrated.  I put a tbsp in my breakfast smoothies all the time, for the omega 3 benefits.  I can't guarantee that it's making a world of difference, but I know it's not a bad thing!  I get mine off Amazon, where do you buy yours?

Dutchie42

I was soooo not in the mood for a run and procrastinated my way to 6h30 before finally hopping on the TM. Only to find that my run felt effortless and fun.

7 min R @ 9K / 30 sec W
                        repeat 3 times
                        and finish with a sprint:
                        1 min R @ 9K
                        1 min R @ 9.5K
                        1 min R @ 10K
                        1 min R @ 10.5K

Hopesmom: I buy mine at the biological supermarket in my town. I bought some more today, approx. 250 gr. for 4.50 euro's. Massively expensive! I'm still looking for a place where I can get it for less. Apparently, so I've been told, since chia was announced to the world as a superfood, price more than tripled.

Dutchie

Starting W3 of C25K with my golden retriever this cold (13F) and clear morning.  No wind so that helped tons.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  I'm still slacking on running -- nobody in the family likes running in the rain, and only Dusty likes running in the cold.  I haven't swum yet this week either, because the students are freshly back at the university so I suspect the gym is swamped.  We'll see how tonight looks for running, but they're calling for a rain/snow mix, so I'm not optimistic.  Life is never dull!!

Dutchie42

How is everyone doing?

Had an insane w/o schedule last week, that messed with my training. Hoping to get back into it this week.

This morning was a 30 min boxing w/o and a 3.85 kilometer run on the TM

400meter R / 30 sec W

800meter R / 45 sec W

1.2K R / 60 sec W

800meter R / 45 sec W

400meter R / 30 sec W

Went pretty well.

Tomorrow is a strength training day: chest, back and shoulders.

Dutchie

Ran W4D1 this morning at -4 F.  I really need a better scarf or a balaclava or some such hat that covers my face when it is this rediculously cold.  No watch either, so I just guessed on the intervals.  Otherwise feeling pretty good.