Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

n00b (Read 249 times)

You Are Beautiful.

Smile I'm Cassie. I'm 27. I live in Washington State. New to the group, new-ish to C25k. I've been running since January and haven't progressed as much as I could have, I'm sure. Hopefully c25k wil ramp me up appropriately. So far, so good! I'm hopefully starting week 6 this week. I might do an extra day of week 5 (day 3), as I did 20 minutes but not quite 2 miles (1.85 in 20 minutes). I try to log my runs but I kind of suck at it sometimes. I was pretty frickin' proud of my 20 minute run. I was at the gym alone so I didn't have anyone to talk with about it (w/o my workout partner) but I'm sure I was glowing/beaming/bouncing through the gym as I went to the pool. I also just found the podcast without music on it and used Audacity to add in my cheesy pop music to it. It's nice because, of course, you get your c25k cues but also to cross-fade your own music and take out the boring beginnings and endings. If anyone is interested, I can share my playlists. It's super pop/r&b like Britney, Kanye, Pussycat Dolls. And the c25k voice is really robotic. But it helps me to hear the cues. I might do a 5k in May but I'm most def doing a sprint tri in July (5k run). Anyway, so that's me. I'm excited to be here with other C25k-ers. Everyone on RA has been super nice.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
    Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Hey Cassie! Nice to see another Washingtonian here! You guys are probably having better weather though - seems like it's still winter here, sometimes. I had to scrape ice off my windshield the other day. Today it's supposed to be sunny, although I'm lookin' outside, and I see nothing but gray skies. We'll see! Welcome & good luck!

Michelle

You Are Beautiful.

Eh...we're still waiting for the promised 70s-80s weather. I think it topped out around 65 today. I did take my bike out yesterday...very sunny but not really too warm.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
        Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

RookieRider

Central Ohio forecasters are saying 80 degrees on Friday. WOO HOO! I have the day off. I may save my next run until that day. Welcome Nauseous
          2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week