Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 6/15 (Read 446 times)

Baby bean!

How is everyone doing?  I managed to get through W8 D1 today.  Slow but I went.  I almost put it off.  School is winding down but anyone who works in a school knows that term is a lie.  It is so crazy and I get home exhausted every day.  So it was an accomplishment to get out.

Look forward to hearing how everyone's week is going.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats on getting out there!  I know it might not seem like it, but keeping to a regular exercise routine does HELP with stress.  You're doing great! 

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

I'm still on w6d2 when I run on the treadmill.  I just can't seem to make it through the 2nd 10 minute run, so I'm running for 10, walking for about 4-5, and then running for about 8 and then doing the cooldown.

Outside, I'm doing week 3 runs, and getting better at both the running and the confidence about being outside.  I've been forcing myself to stop watching my feet and actually look up, and wave/smile/nod to anyone else out there in the mornings, although I was incredibly intimidated by the 6 Army guys doing their own morning run our there today.  Another couple of runs on the trail and I'll move up to week 4 Smile

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
        • run 1000k
        • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Hello everyone.  After a 2-month slacker/binge/laziness period, I am back!  I had happily lost a little more weight and was sort of doing my own run/walk interval thing, then I just fell right off the wagon and convinced myself that I don't need the gym, I can walk the dog and run at home....pshaw.  What I have discovered and accepted is that I have shit for motivation once I get home from work, and I get up so damn early that I can't do any exercise in the AM either.  So for me, going to the gym is critical.  I pay for the service so I feel like I have to use it, plus it's got all the nautilus machines and weight room and the pool, etc.  So with my new taking-on-the-world outlook, ready to repeat C25K and lose some weight, I busted ass at the gym last night with a W1D1, circuit training, and 30 minutes on the stationary bike.  The good news is I felt GREAT the whole time.  The bad news is that my position on the bike (racer-style with my elbows resting on the front and kind of hunched over) tweaked my back and it's a little iffy this morning.  Fortunately I have a swim planned for tonight so hopefully that'll help and I'll be good to go for W1D2 tomorrow!

Crystal I have struggled with moving to running outside (I'm generally a TM girl, since I apparently have no willpower/motivation to exercise once I get home at night), I like the way you're doing two levels of C25K to compensate.  Maybe I'll give that a try one of these days...

2009 Goals:
          PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
          Run a 10K
          Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
          Complete my first Sprint Tri

RookieRider

Welcome back Jenner. I've been a slacker for the past week myself. I admit it. But there was a good reason. I wrecked my bicycle almost two weeks ago. I ran the day after the wreck then again two days later. After that the bruising became so painful I couldn't run. My leg actually ached when I would lay down at night. I'm happy to report that though there is still a nasty bruise, the road rash is gone and I'm pain free. I ran on Tuesday and it felt awesome. I realized how much I missed it. I feel a sense of accomplisment after completeing a run. I am still stuck on week8 so tonight I'll be doing w8d2.

OH, and I'm thinking about sticking to trails on my bike. Crossing railroad tracks can be dangerous FOR ME!!!

2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

You Are Beautiful.

Welcome Jenner Smile

We're a friendly bunch.

Great job, Sushi and Crystal! You're both cruising!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
              Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Baby bean!

Welcome back Jenner. I've been a slacker for the past week myself. I admit it. But there was a good reason. I wrecked my bicycle almost two weeks ago. I ran the day after the wreck then again two days later. After that the bruising became so painful I couldn't run. My leg actually ached when I would lay down at night. I'm happy to report that though there is still a nasty bruise, the road rash is gone and I'm pain free. I ran on Tuesday and it felt awesome. I realized how much I missed it. I feel a sense of accomplisment after completeing a run. I am still stuck on week8 so tonight I'll be doing w8d2.

OH, and I'm thinking about sticking to trails on my bike. Crossing railroad tracks can be dangerous FOR ME!!!

I am so glad you are okay!!! 

Goals:
                Finish C25K

Baby bean!

I'm feeling the guilt!  It is that time of the year and I have NO engery!  I really should have gone out this afternoon but I fell asleep on the couch instead.  I hope everyone else is enduring more than I am and doing more.

Goals:
                  Finish C25K

Baby bean!

Yay!   Got out for W8 D2 this morning.  I love morning runs.  Everything is quieter, relaxed.  The people who are outside are working and friendly.  The air is cooler.  The air smells delicious and sweet.  And I love that I'm done for the day. 

Funny story...I was just starting my run and already looking like I'm dying when I see this thin mom running a HECK of a lot faster WITH a jogging stroller...and she yells across the street "Keep going!" and I knodded.  But what I REALLY wanted to say was "You're my hero!!!"  But I just couldn't get it out!

Goals:
                    Finish C25K

You Are Beautiful.

aw that's adorable!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                      Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go.