Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Aug 31 - Sept 6 (Read 301 times)

running buddies

Happy Birthday Goddess! did someone give you a bike? (sorry to hear about the theft Cry) Jenner! Congratulations! That's huge and you should be really proud of yourself! Now get yourself healed up and get back out there. You don't want to stop now that you're a competitive runner! Big grin Good job hanging in there, oliviars! I'm glad you got back into it. School starting throws everything off at first, I've always found. orangetulipgrl, yellowrunning, oujenna - welcome, and have fun! This really is the best group out there. I've been a OHR graduate for about 3 weeks, and I still come here to see how everyone is doing and celebrate. Get good shoes! Take it slow, and it will feel good and you'll stick with it. Good luck and post often - it really helps to have the support here.
    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)

The young Mama Bear!

I've got your son, Yap. Smile Thanks, Kim! Luckily, my mom knew my plight and is buying me a new mountain bike ASAP. That's all I wanted!
      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
        Thanks, runswithdogs (they are so cute in that pic! I have one myself, but a shep/husky mix) - I'm doing W1D3 today. I'm excited to see how I feel, since Day 2 was so much easier than Day 1. Have a good one everyone! Big grin S
          I just finished week 2 of my program. My son stays very motivated to run with me: at school, his class had to run 2 x 6 min, walk 1 minute, and he arrived second, just after the most athletic boy of his class (and that compensated for the fact that the only girl in his class who was smaller than he last school year, grow taller during summer vacation). Goddess, my best wishes!

Running in Belgium
          Ann

Happy belated birthday, goddess! I just finished Week 1 of the C25K and I'm ready for Week 2. I can't believe how quickly the progression is in stamina from day 1 to day 3. Have a good weekend everyone! Wink
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Way to go, Ann. Very cool for your son in school too. Cool
              Happy belated birthday, goddess! I just finished Week 1 of the C25K and I'm ready for Week 2. I can't believe how quickly the progression is in stamina from day 1 to day 3.
              The program is full of those weeks where you really feel like you improve. Great, isn't it? Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

oh man! I finally finished W7D2. It took me three tries. I hadn't gone in a week because I was so frustrated. Plus school start. It was raining. Big grin It was great.
                Way to stick with it! The hard work makes the smile that much bigger when you finally do it. Plus, rain runs are the best!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

erendis

yay for rain runs olivia! i wish it had rained on us today- the humidity was insane (96%). we still made great time on our run though- the podrunner techno has a nice beat that keeps your pace up. week 1 is complete!
                  I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
                    We finished up OHR W2 today. This was probably our best run since we finished up C25K. My wife in particular was feeling a lot better. A week from today is our first race!
                    2008 Goals:
                    1. Finish C25K
                    2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
                    3. Complete One Hour Runner
                    erendis

We finished up OHR W2 today. This was probably our best run since we finished up C25K. My wife in particular was feeling a lot better. A week from today is our first race!
                      good luck in your race! are you going to do anything in particular to prepare? my first race is in 2 weeks, and i'm a wee bit nervous Undecided
                      I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
                        Thanks, erendis. We're not changing anything up--just continuing on the 3 30-minute runs each week. We're hitting right at 3-3.1 miles during that time period, and I'm sure adrenaline will help a little bit also. It's also a charity event--it will be crowded enough that the circumstances won't be right to really set a good time, so we can ease into racing with little pressure. Smile
                        2008 Goals:
                        1. Finish C25K
                        2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
                        3. Complete One Hour Runner
                          Still waiting in the wings here til I have my podiatrist appt on Wednesday, but this weekend I finally got DH to start C25K! He admitted that a) when I started my quest, he didn't think I'd really do it and he was totally proud of me that I did, b) after the W1D1 he realized just how out of shape he was (I think he thought it was going to be easier than it was), and c) maybe this will help him quit smoking (being way out of breath and his lungs burning seemed to trigger that thought process). I'm so psyched that he's doing this! Oh, and a total bonus was stopping at a shoe store going out of business sale and scoring him some rockin Mizunos for 60 bucks.
                          2009 Goals:
                          PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                          Run a 10K
                          Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                          Complete my first Sprint Tri
                            Jenner ~ That's pretty cool you've got the husband on the bandwagon! My hubby says he would 'like' to join in with me, but 'his knees won't take it'. He just said to me last night he is impressed that I'm still going strong and a little jealous too! Wink Orangetulip ~ Congrats on finishing Week 1! This program is almost genius how you are always ready to move on to the next week, even if you have some doubts. The progression is fun - I can't believe I am now running 25 minutes ... I remember being nervous about 3 minute intervals, then 5 minutes and always was amazed and surprised that I could do it! I'm on to Week 7 this week yea! The 25 minute run over the weekend was awesome, can't believe I did it and it was easier to me then the 20 minute run the week before (of course I was not out in 92% humidity either....)
                            Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com