Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread July 14 - 20 (Read 437 times)

I had a date on Saturday for a hike and was sort of too nervous to run or weight training first. So we hiked 2.5 miles straight uphill (They actual have a trail run on that trail that is known for trashing elite runners) and then the 2.5 miles of quad killing down hill. It took hours and... was amazing; I never could have made it up that hill before and I outlasted him and he does crazy workouts (rock climbing, cardio boxing, weights and an ounce of fat on him etc etc etc). So I get home on cloud 9 after telling him I still had to run and do P90. He laughed and assumed I wouldn't do it but I was so happy I floated through the run. I felt like I was flying! My longest mileage ever 3.7 miles and some change for 41 minutes. I got home and went right into P90 Sculpt and did every exercise except the dive bombers. and then almost puked drinking my protein shake! Amazing week and I see so many changes in my endurance and health since beginning running and cross training. Bring on Week 7!
    You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
    theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome post, quotidianlight! I get to do my 41 minute run this week and I can't wait to break that 40 minute barrier.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul