Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly update thread: Aug. 24 - Aug. 30th (Read 307 times)

I completed Week 5 yesterday with the big 20 minute run! I ran at a fairly slow pace so that I could sustain the full 20 minutes without stopping. The first mile was on the track and took me 12 minutes, then I headed off the track and ran through the surrounding neighborhood for a change of scenery to get through the final 8 minutes. The last 5 minutes were tough but I hung in, and just am amazed that just over 5 weeks ago, I was fretting over minute and 1/2 intervals! On to Week 6 and only 4 weeks to go!
    Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com

The young Mama Bear!

Cyndi, great job! Did I say you could do it, or did I say you could do it? Wink Alright, I'm off to No-Internet Land again. I wish all of you great runs, no chafing/blisters and PRs! Smile
      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
        Cyndi, that's awesome! Way to go! Big grin

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."

Baby bean!

Hey, thanks to whomever added me to the graph! Big grin

Goals:
          Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.