Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Check-in: July 6 to 12 (Read 415 times)

zzz

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Katie, that's awesome you got out there anyway. I really believe that's the biggest obstacle for runners; if you can get out the door, you don't regret it in 99% of cases. I have no furry ones for the circus, but I do have a four year old wild man and a one year old. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

quotidianlight - i would love to have a bike right now.... want to get hubby's first though. he wants a Harley Fat Boy.. what do you ride?
        I have a Ducati 800SS named Fawkes Wink I just finished the 5th week of one hour runner and loved it. I'm running more than three days to I just repeat the two longest runs each week to make for 5 runs. Yesterday I speed up for the last quarter mile and felt amazing. Today I ran a half minute per mile slower and finished strong. I think running the loop by my house with a long low grade half mile hill is helping. I can flex my leg and see my calf from the front of the my leg!!! *pardon me while I flex and stare for a moment* I can't wait to see how becoming stronger and running longer effects me both physically and emotionally.
        You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here

Tortoise

- Motorist are killing my flow! I pass an intersection every once and a while, and I swear a car needs to turn my way everytime I try to pass it. Tongue
          Oh, I hear you on this. I swear if I hit one red light, I hit all of them - and I live in the middle of a major city, I can't ignore the red lights, I'll be killed!
          "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I had a great run. I've changed up my route the last two runs and only ran a part of my run on the path I did C25K on. I'm really finding that a new route frees me up. Since I've done a different route, I'm faster and just running better. Anyone else like changing it up? You are all doing great! Keep going! Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

zzz

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

And how did you like road running instead of the track?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

theyapper

On the road again...

I know you didn't ask me directly, but I'll take road running over any other type. Change of scenery and conditions really relax me and help me stay focused on the run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

The young Mama Bear!

Oh, I hear you on this. I swear if I hit one red light, I hit all of them - and I live in the middle of a major city, I can't ignore the red lights, I'll be killed!
                    At first I wondered 'where are you from?', then I checked out your profile and...COOL! I live in Philadelphia and unfortunately will soon be sharing the road with cyclists. Maybe I can steal their bikelanes when they're not looking... Smile As for a change in scenery, I've gotten used to my loop...I'll probably grow out of it soon but for now I know it's .25 miles up, and .25 miles back. I'll be back to city streets in a month or so, so I'm cherishing what I've got now. Now we're having an animal parade? Cool! My ferret sleeps too much...maybe this'll keep him awake. Big grin
                    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey, I ran in the bike lane and the shared bike lane for part of my run this morning. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

zzz

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

If you go into the tools at the top, use the satellite feature to map out some routes, turtlechick, if you want to get an idea of what you can do in your new area. It's really handy.

Half Fanatic #9292.