Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly thread 3/24 - 3/30 (Read 263 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

You're right, it is the #1 mistake... but... rules were made to be broken occasionally, right? I think new shoes is a special occasion - just don't make a habit of it! Tongue Maybe just lace them on and go for a slow jog for a few minutes? *tempt* *tempt* Evil grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I agree with Wingz - I'd probably have to break in the new shoes. Big grin I just finished W4D2. I actually talked DH to go with me, so my pace was slightly faster than normal, but awfully slow for him (his PR is a 23:08 5K). He was a good sport, though, and it was fun to run with someone.
      obiebyke

So how are those shoes? Wink As you know, I ran my first race Sunday. I woke up Monday feeling kind of feverish, but determined to power through the day. Well, by evening, I was DEFINITELY feeling feverish and went to bed early. I woke up several times during the night and took my temperature each time. The record? 103.3!!! My retired-doctor dad was in town, and he had been telling me to let the fever take its course. Well, once the fever got that high, he changed his tune. I spent the next four days alternately feverish and trying to swallow past the painful node in my throat and asleep and sweating in bed. Gross. Finally went to the doctor when my dad left town: my fever was down, but it turns out that that pain in my node was really a canker sore on my tonsil! And I had a UTI! Sad Black eye Poor me. A few days later, and I still feel off. No running this past week... Anyone who has healthy vibes, please send them my way!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Wingz

Professional Noob

So how are those shoes? Wink As you know, I ran my first race Sunday. I woke up Monday feeling kind of feverish, but determined to power through the day. Well, by evening, I was DEFINITELY feeling feverish and went to bed early. I woke up several times during the night and took my temperature each time. The record? 103.3!!! My retired-doctor dad was in town, and he had been telling me to let the fever take its course. Well, once the fever got that high, he changed his tune. I spent the next four days alternately feverish and trying to swallow past the painful node in my throat and asleep and sweating in bed. Gross. Finally went to the doctor when my dad left town: my fever was down, but it turns out that that pain in my node was really a canker sore on my tonsil! And I had a UTI! Sad Black eye Poor me. A few days later, and I still feel off. No running this past week... Anyone who has healthy vibes, please send them my way!
          Oh noes! Get better soon!

Roads were made for journeys...