Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 15 to 21 (Read 326 times)

finally jumped back on the horse.... and completed OHR W6D2!!! This was one of my best-feeling runs ever, I guess not running for a little while did the trick!
    2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year
      You all are such great inspiration. I finished up Week 3, Day 3 of the Cto5K today. Yesterday, I ran a one mile fun run with my dog and had no problem running the whole mile (though I came in last, I didn't really care since I knew that I'd accomplished something for me). I had planned on also getting my Cto5k run in yesterday, but was a bit tired and held off til today. On to week four!
      ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

finally jumped back on the horse.... and completed OHR W6D2!!! This was one of my best-feeling runs ever, I guess not running for a little while did the trick!
        Yay! Those feelgood runs are so important! Welcome back to running. Were you just healing up an injury? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yesterday, I ran a one mile fun run with my dog and had no problem running the whole mile (though I came in last, I didn't really care since I knew that I'd accomplished something for me). I had planned on also getting my Cto5k run in yesterday, but was a bit tired and held off til today. On to week four!
          I love your attitude! Keep it up! Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

No Meg, I was just kind of getting lazy and falling out of it. I am usually one of those all or nothing people, like I'm either dieting full force or just pigging out. So I got into a rut of "well I haven't run in a while, so I may as well give up for now and start again some other day". But anyway that run was great... today's was even better. Not as good feeling, a little more excruciating, but definitely my longest run ever... 41 minutes. So now I've completed OHR week 6!!
            2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

You got back out there and that's the important thing. I can't imagine running that long yet. Good for you! Yes

Half Fanatic #9292. 

I am usually one of those all or nothing people, like I'm either dieting full force or just pigging out.
                You know, eyedocguy, I have this same problem. Last year, I started low-carb dieting, swimming, hiking and running all at the same time. I was logging every calorie and resented any request that interfered with my schedule. About 12 weeks in, I started getting really bad leg cramps. Not just those cramps that come on the flip turns at the pool, but while I was walking, sleeping and sitting. Yeah, my body was telling me that it was NOT happy. I had to stop what I was doing and ended up back down on my "just a few dog walks each week" schedule. One year later and I'm really trying to resist the urge to go overboard. I'm trying to eat all good things, but I'm not dieting, even though it's tempting. So, I'm getting kind of philosophical here, but I have often felt that I developed this schedule from participating in sports in school. I started running in HS and life revolved around CC, then track season and by the time we were done, I'd kind of crash and burn. I also ran in college and had the same extremes - heavy training or barely any training. Incorporating exercise into my life as maintenance has been very challenging. I swear that this time is going to be it for me. I'm trying to take it easy - for the long run. I think it will be the ultimate challenge for me!!
                ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer