Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly thread 3/31 - 4/05 (Read 279 times)

I start Week 3 on Tuesday. Cool
    jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Finished W4 today on the treadmill. It has been raining here all day! So on to week 5 . . .
      danea

Sunday was my first day of Week 3. I wasn't sure how I'd do on the 3-minute stretches, but it really wasn't too bad. In comparison, I found myself surprised when the 90-second intervals were over. That's progress, I think! Still no real knee pain to speak of, which is encouraging.
        Rocky

I started Week 8 yesterday which is 2.75 miles. I can't belive that I can run this far without slowing down now. Each week its gets eaiser and eaiser for me. Only 5 more sessions and I will complete the challege!!! Big grin
          J.Isaac

I've been just walking for the past 6 weeks. I started with the C25K week 1 on Sunday. Today is my second run. Wink Please count me in.
            Wingz

Professional Noob

GotTheBug - how's it going? jb944 - I've done a lot of runs inside on the TM too. Two years ago I loved running in the rain. Now I avoid it. Go figger. Wink danea - sounds like your body likes how you're approaching your running! Keep up the good work! Smile Rocky - wow, almost done! Have you picked out and registered for a race yet? J. Isaac - welcome! Big grin Jennicap - still waiting for a status report. Have you figured out where you need to be yet? Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Week 3 Day 1 is in the bag. I found it a bit on the easy side. Felt like there should have been 1 more set of runs.
                obiebyke

Wow! Everyone's really chugging. Must be spring. Nice job! You're inspiring this graduate to get out of my sick funk and get back on the road. Tomorrow, I hope. Easy does it!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Rocky

Rocky - wow, almost done! Have you picked out and registered for a race yet?
                    Not yet, however I have 3-4 races I am going to pick from soon.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I'm starting on Week 4, so W4D1 for me tonight. I'm a busy gal, 45 hours at work, 4 classes at school and I just bought a house and we ripped down drywall recently (goes back up tonight and tomorrow) so I don't get out to run 5 days a week like I would like... but W4D1 today!
                      -Jen
                      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                        W3D2 in the bag. Might do W3D3 tomorrow so I can finally get 2 days of rest and get back on my regular schedule of Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
                          Week 3 is in the bag. Week 4 on Monday.
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Week 3 is in the bag. Week 4 on Monday.
                            Sounds like you've got a big bag. Big grin Movin right along! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

J.Isaac, meltchett, and polepole-- How's it starting out for you guys? I felt dizzy yesterday so I didn't do my scheduled run. Today I did 25 minutes--still recovering from being sick, and trying to let my body build up strength. But I did 2.24 miles in 25 minutes, which is FAST for me!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)