Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Anybody out there? (Read 9 times)

Is this forum still alive?  I'm ready to start C25K again.  - ChupChup

sluggo

John

Is this forum still alive?  I'm ready to start C25K again.  - ChupChup

Well, I am here but you can see that things have been very, deathly, quiet.

What would you like to discuss? My running has been miserable for some time. I'm not really on the C25K but more of the run and walk as able.

John
      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Hi, Sluggo.  I'm not sure what I was looking for here.  I've completed C25K a couple of times in the past so I'm very familiar with the program.  I used to check in after runs in weekly progress threads.  I suppose it was part accountability, part shared misery, and part chest thumping.  I'm sorry to hear running has been rough for you.  I may be in for a similar experience as I'm older now.  January in Iowa is a tougher time to run outside, but I cannot bear the treadmill.  Keep a good thought, stay moving, and spring will be here before we know it.  - ChupChup

sluggo

John

I agree treadmills suck and I imagine that Iowa winters can be cold.

I live just north of Boston so we can have some cold weather but this year has been mild. My wife loves the high temp and lack of snow, I don't like it. I think the mild weather predicts a bad news summer.

I am not really doing a C25K program. I just go out, run a bit, and walk whenever I want. You can look at my log with maps and pace and see what I mean.

I will have a hard time being active on this thread. I am captain on one of the 2017 in 2017 teams and this takes  a lot of attention. I don't know if you are familiar with the 2017 in 2017 program. It's fun and help keep you motivated. You are too late to join a team now but you might still be able to join as an individual runner with a possibility of joining a team when someone has to drop out. You can check.

I can check in on this thread once in a while and chat if you are interested.

John
          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"