Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

C25K check-in, week of 9/10 - 9/16 (Read 258 times)

Hi, all! How was everyone's week? Mine was good. I managed to run a few more times and my foot's not hurting. Yay! Big grin We've been having cooler weather here in NC, and boy what a difference that is making! Everything's easier when you're not so overheated... How was YOUR week?

Roads were made for journeys...

Kill

I had a great week of running, Janell. But I have a feeling you were talking to these newer folks. Clowning around

Passion is a rather frightening thing because if you have passion you don't know where it will take you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

psycrunner

Hey Everyone-- I'm still hanging in there with the C25K program. I started Week 3 last night. I've had to slow down a little on the running segments to be able to run for longer time, and keep my heart rate in a reasonable zone, but I'm okay with that. I know the speed will come with time. The good news is I got cleared by my physical therapist to start running on consecutive days, so I threw in a 30-minute EASY run last week, as well. This was a HUGE deal for me because I've never run longer than 4 or 5 minutes without taking a walk break, so the fact that I could RUN for 30 minutes was hugely exciting! Granted, I had to run slower than my brisk walk pace in order to keep my heart rate in my MAF zone, but I still ran the whole time! I know this probably doesn't seem like much to those of you who have been around a while, but this is great progress for me! Hope you all are enjoying your running as much as I am!
        Carol
          So far, so good Wink I'm ready for week 2 now! I'm using the podcasts...anyone else lovin' that?
          Life is Good :D http://ttjk.wordpress.com Couch to 5K support group // Back of The Packers group
            So far, so good Wink I'm ready for week 2 now! I'm using the podcasts...anyone else lovin' that?
            Hey, where can I find these podcasts? Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

psycrunner

I LOVE the podcasts! Especially now in Week 3 that the running segments vary between 90 seconds and 3 minutes! I would hate to have to do that kind of math in my head, while running! Janell--you can get the podcasts here
              Carol