Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Joining you :) (Read 204 times)

Well I am on week 5 of the C25K but am just now finding this forum. Hope you dont mind if I join in this late in the game Smile I just finished W5D2 and on Thursday will be doing the dreaded 20 min but I have faith I can do it! Heres a lil info about me: My name is Danielle but everyone calls me Yelie. I am 25 and mom to a 3 year old girl and an almost 2 year old boy. I am a stay at home mom but work a couple hours a week at Curves. My husband is a runner and I hope to be able to run with him sometime pretty soon! Hes a great support. I have about 30 lbs I'd love to lose but my thyroid doesnt always cooperate...slowly but surely though Wink Looking forward to running "with" you!!
    Yelie
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome, Yelie! Good to have you! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Welcome. That dreaded 20 minute run isn't really that bad. You are ready - it's just a mental hurdle you need to get through. You can do it!
          Hi Yelie! I just joined yesterday and did my first run/walk today. At first I thought, how am I going to keep this up for 20 minutes?! HOW?! Confused But with a little help from Hole on my ipod and some determination I made it through! Actually, after it was all over and done with I was wondering what I was dreading so much and why I hadn't started this long ago! Here's to anoter 20 minutes! If I've got it in me, Yelie, I know you do too!
          . . . . * . . Peace & Blessings . . * . . . . * . . * * . . * . . * * * * * * * * . . * . .* * . . * . . * . . . . * . . * . .
            Welcome Aboard New Comers! I finished Week 5 Day 2 today. Friday will be my 20 Minute Run. Shocked
            colinw

I did my W5D3 run a couple of weeks ago and was seriously wondering how it would go. I was very surprised when I made it all the way and felt great doing it. Since then I have done 3 25 min runs and finished them all strong as well. You will be surprised how easy it is if you follow the program and work up to the 20 minute and longer runs. It really does work and set you up for success. Good luck!

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14