Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

New here (Read 208 times)

MichelleD

At the beginning of April, I began C25K. It was a lovely time of year...nice cool weather. I got through week 5 (at the end of June...I didn't actually start a new "week" each week), and I haven't really run since the first week of July or so. I have lots of excuses, and most of them center around heat and humidity. (I have, however, continued to exercise using the wiifit and a few women's circuit training classes). So...I need to get back to C25K. This week seems as good a week as any. I'll probably back up to week 4. I had originally planned to run a 5K on October 18. Maybe I still will...I haven't decided yet. I know that it will take me around 45 minutes to run a 5K, so I'll need to keep building time even after I finish C25K, I think. Okay, so, I'm here. Accountability and encouragement. That's what I need.
      Okay, so, I'm here. Accountability and encouragement. That's what I need.
      And that's what you shall receive! Jump back on the bandwagon...you'll feel soooo good when you re-start and get into a regular schedule. (1) Accountability: goddess will keep updating you on the graph in the homepage as you finish your weeks. Big grin I have often put on my running shoes just because I wanted to make that graph move forward and log a run! (2) Encouragement: Post whenever you need some! We'll toss a little your way. Just a reminder to make sure you slow down in the heat/humidity. You can do this!

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

The young Mama Bear!

Hello, Michelle! Nice to have new runners here. Lol, Cristina is correct...I love hearing everyone's triumphs and I will bump you up a block when you get to it. I've got you on the graph now, so stick around! As for the heat, NO runner is going to love it. It gets your lungs screaming, your skin crawling and your stride all messed up! Make sure to hydrate more than you usually would, wear sunscreen and slow down!
        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
          Welcome! I understand about not wanting to run in the heat and humidity. The few times I've tried I just can't handle it. So I end up running later at night on the hot and humid days. Just keep trying, that's what matters.
          erendis

welcome to the group! I hope we can help you stick with it- and let me give testimony to all the days that I ran when I didn't think I could do it just because of the fine folks here and not wanting to let them down. you made a great choice!
            I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
            redleaf

Hi Michelle - I only recently stumbled across this site myself (thanks to an uncle who is running-crazy) Everyone is very nice and helpful. Best of luck to you! I did a 5k on June 8 with very little training at all - it was a fundraiser walk/run. I'm doing my second on September 28. Because I will still be going through my "learn to run" program at that point I'm just going to treat that run (as much as possible) as another step on the learn to run schedule.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I had originally planned to run a 5K on October 18. Maybe I still will...I haven't decided yet. I know that it will take me around 45 minutes to run a 5K, so I'll need to keep building time even after I finish C25K, I think. Okay, so, I'm here. Accountability and encouragement. That's what I need.
                Congrats on running again! I'm kind of in the same boat in the sense that I plan to run a 5k mid October and it will likely take me about 45 minutes too. Take heart, you are not alone!
                  I joined this group recently, and just like you, I restarted running (but I didn't ran for nearly 7 months!) Good you came back, and nice to have someone who is - just like me - only at the beginning of the program! Feels less lonely when I run Smile

Running in Belgium
                  Ann

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Welcome, Michelle! You can do a 5K in October. That's a fair amount of time and you will be surprised what you can do by then as you get the runs in. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.