Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

4/12-4/18 How's it going? (Read 303 times)

Baby bean!

How is everyone doing? Just came back from doing my second run for week 5A. Felt good and I have to say the podrunner podcasts are helping me keep a decent pace. Yay!!! Big grin

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Week 4 Day 1! I made it. I was this > .... < close to walking the last forty seconds of it but i made it! i am so proud and happy! :) congrats sushigirl, we are getting there! close="" to="" walking="" the="" last="" forty="" seconds="" of="" it="" but="" i="" made="" it!="" i="" am="" so="" proud="" and="" happy!="" :)="" congrats="" sushigirl,="" we="" are="" getting=""></ close to walking the last forty seconds of it but i made it! i am so proud and happy! :) congrats sushigirl, we are getting there!>

The Running Mom

I finished week eight yesterday. Will do the week nine runs Tues and Thursday, and on Saturday I am signed up for a 4.2-miler. I doubt I'll run the whole race, but you never know.
        Monica My Blog

My Little Pony hair.

After a couple of bad starts to week 4 (1st attempt I'd forgotten my inhaler, 2nd attempt the ipod died midway through), plus Easter visitors sleeping in the treadmill room, I finally managed to complete w4d1, making me psyched as hell. Add to that the fact that since I started the c25k, stopped drinking soda, and stopped eating bad-for-me lunches and snacks, I've lost 17lbs, which makes me super-de-dooper psyched. Alas, half of that weight seems to have left my bra. I can afford the new jeans, but damn it, bras are expensive!

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
          • run 1000k
          • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Baby bean!

Wow!!! 17 lbs is friggin amazing! Try Marshalls or TJ Maxx for bras. Great prices! I just finished week 5 (my own week 5...basically 3 days of the 5 minute runs). Felt good. Definitely A LOT slower than my husband. Oh well.

Goals:
            Finish C25K

After a couple of bad starts to week 4 (1st attempt I'd forgotten my inhaler, 2nd attempt the ipod died midway through), plus Easter visitors sleeping in the treadmill room, I finally managed to complete w4d1, making me psyched as hell. Add to that the fact that since I started the c25k, stopped drinking soda, and stopped eating bad-for-me lunches and snacks, I've lost 17lbs, which makes me super-de-dooper psyched. Alas, half of that weight seems to have left my bra. I can afford the new jeans, but damn it, bras are expensive!
              Congratualtions! Thats amazing keep it up!! We are here for you if you need any support! sushigirl, I run with my brother, he is so much faster than me. But he waits up for me to catch up and then we finish together. If it wasnt for him I probably woud of quit this program a long time ago. Its good to have someone run with. anyways...reporting: Finished day 2 of week 4, I started getting tired towards the end but I finished!! I am so proud. I remeber when I was doing week 1! I could barely finish those minute and a half runs and now im running 5 minutes at a time! Smile

My Little Pony hair.

Wow!!! 17 lbs is friggin amazing! Try Marshalls or TJ Maxx for bras. Great prices!
                I haven't been able to fit into anything other than Lane Bryant bras in years - curse of the 44ddd ta-tas. Thankfully I live about 40 minutes from a Lane Bryant outlet store, and they run sales for $15 bras now and then Smile

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                • run 1000k

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Taxes done, check. W1D2 done, check. The day is looking good even if my bank account isn't. Hope you all are having a good week too. Smile I'm back after a too long sabbatical and looking forward to some great runs to come. Edited to add: Anyone else notice that when C25K is chosen as the logged activity, the workout doesn't seem to be graphed on the summary page, but if you change the activity to run it is graphed. Weird.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Edited to add: Anyone else notice that when C25K is chosen as the logged activity, the workout doesn't seem to be graphed on the summary page, but if you change the activity to run it is graphed. Weird.
                    ChupChup - to get the graph to do what you're saying, RA needs to recognize that C25K is a type of run. Right now you've got it set up as a "workout type." A workout type can be anything - elliptical, stair climber, spinning, karate, etc. You've got several options: 1) select C25K to be your "default" workout type (not recommended 'cause then it won't graph "run", 2) create a type of run called "C25K" (like Easy, Hill, Interval) (recommended), 3) log each workout as a new route (W1D1, W1D2), 4) create custom graphs for your summary pages, including graph of distance covered in workout type "C25K". Let me know if you need further help with any of these. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I haven't checked in on all of you lately, but it sounds like you are all doing an awesome job. And 17#! That is something to celebrate. Keep it going!
                        I ate a late snack last night and subsequently felt sluggish and a little queasy during this morning's run. I definitely wanted to stay in bed but I'm glad I got up and going. W1D3 is now behind me and Copper, my golden retriever, yeah! Thanks for the graph help Wingz. Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. Big grin

Baby bean!

It is simply beautiful out!!! The DH and I just finished our 8 minute run (technically it is w5d3). I definitely over-dressed, but I'm psyched that I am running 8 minutes!!! Shocked

Goals:
                          Finish C25K

w4d3 ......got through it. I was tired, started out strong....had to take a walking break in between the last 5 minutes. But only managed to run 7 seconds slower than my best run! Im scared about next week!

You Are Beautiful.

Just did w6d1. Felt pretty frickin' hard at that last minute. I hear you on that kwikstop. All in all a good day. I want whatever onomatopaeia is having. I quit soda about six months ago, have been working out but can't seem to control my calories well enough. Seventeen pounds would be glorious. I am counting calories and just recently started drinking ONLY water (no juice for now, I have horrible self-control with beverages...). But I'm ramping up my mileage, I *need* those extra calories...you know, the kind from cookie dough? Smile It's gotta come off sometime. I'm def better than I have been.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                              Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

My Little Pony hair.

All in all a good day. I want whatever onomatopaeia is having. I quit soda about six months ago, have been working out but can't seem to control my calories well enough. Seventeen pounds would be glorious. I am counting calories and just recently started drinking ONLY water (no juice for now, I have horrible self-control with beverages...). But I'm ramping up my mileage, I *need* those extra calories...you know, the kind from cookie dough? Smile It's gotta come off sometime. I'm def better than I have been.
                                I decided at the time I decided to actually do the c25k that if I was going to make an effort to exercise, it wouldn't be that much more difficult to actually eat good stuff as well. So instead of the 2-3 20oz bottles of Coke Zero I'd drink at work, I'm now drinking about 2ltrs of water a day. On the weekends I drink water or cranberry juice mostly, unless I'm taking a day off from the healthy stuff, like this afternoon when I had Taco Bell as a reward. I've found that moderation is the key for me. My doctor has been on my case for not eating 3 meals a day for years (I'm not much of a food-in-the-morning person), so I eat "breakfast" at about 10pm every night - a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats - which curbs my urge to snack on something a couple of hours after dinner, and makes up for the lack of fiber I get with the rest of my meals. And aside from my afternoon snack, it's really the only sweet thing I eat lately. The biggest change was lunch at work, where instead of eating one of the sodium-filled prepackaged sandwiches I had been eating, I eat yogurt, and instead of eating a bag of Chex mix or cheese crackers, I'm totally hooked on those Fiber Plus Antioxident snack bars, which are far too chewy and chocolatey for my body to believe that I'm eating something that's actually kinda good for me. But I could totally go for some cookie dough right now. I've got some in my freezer, along with a bunch of snack-sized cheesecakes Wink

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                                • run 1000k