Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread Aug 3 - Aug 9 (Read 564 times)

Ann, that's a crazy schedule right there.
    Yes, this version of Start2Run is rather different from the C25K: It is meant for people who have ran before, but quit running 6 months ago, and can still run for 5 minutes without walking. Start2Run comes in different 'flavours': 5K in 10 weeks, for the average beginner. 5K in 6 weeks, when you haven't ran for 2 months, but still are able to run easily for 10 mins. 5K in 8 weeks, when you haven't ran for 6 months, but still are able to run easily for 5 mins. 5K in 15 weeks, when you only want to run 2 x/W, and combine it with a 'cross-training' of 1 hour swimming, 1 hour cycling or 8K walking. 5K in 15 weeks, when you're injury-prone, when you are slight to moderately overweight, have a very bad condition or are a have smoker... and you are very patient.

Running in Belgium
    Ann

redleaf

Well I can say I pushed myself but just couldn't do it. What I was supposed to do (plus 5 min warm up and cool down): 1 min walk 5 min run x 8 What I did: 1 min walk 5 min run x. 5 then I walked 2 minutes then I ran 3 minutes. I tried to push it but I just couldn't. Did my usual cool down and headed back to the flat. Day 1 is the hardest of each week so I will do days 2 and 3 this week and repeat week 6 next week. Oh - and it seems my period started today. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Ran W4D3 of C25K this morning with Copper. We're pretty tired, but feel good otherwise. Hard to believe that we're nearing the 1/2 way point of the program. Smile I'm thinking of signing up for a 5k in October. I hope I can convince my 14 year old daughter to run it too. Smile

The young Mama Bear!

Guys, move onto the new weekly thread. Wink Good job, though!
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.