Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly update thread: Aug. 10 - Aug.16th. (Read 523 times)

running buddies

Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin I just ran for 60 minutes and covered 5.8 miles for a 10:21/mile pace. I am very very happy with that. I actually felt nervous heading out. I went to the nearby park with a paved 2.8 mile bike/hike path that's a loop and my DH went with me. He took one dog in one direction, walking, and I ran the opposite direction with the other dog. When we met up we traded dogs. That way he got to scoop the poop and I just got to run. I ran a little more than twice around. Yes One woman running the same direction as me lapped me - I was totally in awe of her. Surprised So, I'm officially done with OHR. I think I'm going to stick to my 30, 45, and 60 minute runs/week for another 3-4 weeks. I think it really helped me at the end of c25k/beginning of OHR to run the same amount for 4 weeks before increasing, so I think I'll just hang out here for a while. Thank you all for all your support and for sharing your trials and triumphs. I never knew a support group could be so ....supportive.... Wink
    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
      So, I'm officially done with OHR. I think I'm going to stick to my 30, 45, and 60 minute runs/week for another 3-4 weeks. I think it really helped me at the end of c25k/beginning of OHR to run the same amount for 4 weeks before increasing, so I think I'll just hang out here for a while.
      Congrats on reaching your goal! I'm with you on the staying the coarse for a several weeks after reaching the goal. I am a firm believer that your body works best when you alternate hard days with easy days, hard weeks with easy weeks, hard seasons with easy seasons. Plus what's the rush? You're going to be running for the rest of your life, right? Anyway, I plan to do the same thing after completing C25K.

running buddies

Thanks ChupChup. Smile
        "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
        theyapper

On the road again...

Great job, RWD! You're a graduate!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

running buddies

Yeah, I'm hoping I get my name in a box like Obiebyke. I'll be expecting you there soon, yapper!
              I haven't been here in a while. Did W5D2 yesterday. I thouhg it would be hard because we took three days off in between but it wasn't that bad.
              Goals: Run.
              theyapper

On the road again...

Yeah, I'm hoping I get my name in a box like Obiebyke. I'll be expecting you there soon, yapper!
                Friday's my graduation day!! Big grin

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

I haven't been here in a while. Did W5D2 yesterday. I thouhg it would be hard because we took three days off in between but it wasn't that bad.
                  Seeing how your body responds to time off is one of the best lessons you can learn. Now you're rested AND smarter. Yes

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

quotidianlight and runswithdogs - you're officially on the OHR grad list! great work.

Paul

Yesterday I made a PB &J sandwich, got distracted and left it on the counter. A few minutes later I had to make another PB&J, because there wasn't any sign at all of the first one.... hmmm. Roll eyes
                      Hahaha, that reminds me....about a year ago I had made an appt for my dog to get spayed, and the vet told me that she shouldn't eat anything for 12 hours before the surgery, which meant no breakfast for Nikita....well I had made sandwiches for DH and my lunches and left them on the counter when I went upstairs to get dressed....and all that remained 10 minutes later were the plastic baggies and my dog licking her lips! So not only did I have to remake the lunches, I then had to take my dog in to the vet and explain that not only didn't she fast for 12 hours, she ate two turkey sandwiches at 7 am! Fortunately they said she should be fine and they just waited til a little later in the day to bring her in to surgery. At least I know my dog is resourceful Smile Skipped my run on Friday for no good reason. Skipped my make-up run on Saturday for no good reason. Skipped my make-up make-up on Sunday again for no good reason. But I'm raring to go today.
                      2009 Goals:
                      PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                      Run a 10K
                      Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                      Complete my first Sprint Tri