Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Check-in: July 6 to 12 (Read 415 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I hope the weather isn't getting the better of anyone's running plans as we get further into July. Tell us what's going on with you. How's your running? Targetting any upcoming races?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zzz

Wingz

Professional Noob

Got to run in the rain last night! It wasn't on purpose, but I kept on since I was already out there. Had a good run. Big grin No further problems from my IT band, and last week I started taking ibuprofin in order to try to help knock down what I *think* is bursitis. So I've been hurting less than usual. Wink One more week of three runs and then I'm planning to try to move up to 4 runs/wk. Slowly. Oh, and for all the turtles out there, I'm finding that my runs are hanging out around 14 minute miles. Big grin And I'm proud of it!!!

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I completed the last run to finish C25K. Big grin Unfortunately, I only got the walk home to enjoy it; my kids were both having issues the second I walked in the door. My daughter is teething so she's lots of fun. Evil grin I suspect although I haven't decided that I'm going to try OHR next, but I'm not positive. I'm going to stick with the 30m/3x a week runs which are the first few weeks of OHR so I guess I don't have to decide yet. Wingz, glad your IT band problems seem to be going away. Turtlechick, I love rain runs as long as there is no lightning. That's the one thing I'm adamant about. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

zzz

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm glad you made the safe choice.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Turtlechick, That was scary! That is always my worst fear when I ride my motorcycle in the winter. Winz, I wish it would rain here. I used to love running in the rain and it's so soothing to my asthma. I used to feel like I could run twice as far when it was raining. This morning was the beginning of my OHR 5th week and it went very smoothly. I sweat more that I used to which tells me I'm able to work harder and perhaps speeding up a bit. I feel almost sad that I ran this morning because I wish I could go out again. I am so past addicted.
                You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
                  Hi guys, W8D3 is done and it is all 30 mins from now on. I had a rain run too. Here in the UK it has been really poor weather and the trail I run on had become overgrown and muddy but I pushed on through and got it done, even though it was a bit slower and a lot more squelchy! Way to go Meg on finishing the C25K. I remember when my kids were teething, they were a joy!!! Not so bad now they are grown though. Great stuff Wingz, especially running through the pain, a really good steady pace. Turtlechick. A very wise decision! Keep going everybody
                  jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Hey, everyone! I'm behind on reading all the updates, but it sounds like you are all doing well. I'm on my last 3 weeks of training before our biking vacation. We managed to ride 20 miles on Friday and another 38 on Saturday. I had to work today, so didn't get out and I'm on jury duty tomorrow. So, I hope to be back on the bike on Wednesday. My goal is to do 100 mile weeks now to get ready. I may try and sneak in an occasional run, but I'll wait until after the trip to actually get back on OHR.

The young Mama Bear!

Looking good, everyone! Smile Moonstar, to answer your question: I would go to the gym when I was at school and do the elliptical/stairmaster. During the summer, I'd do Tae-Bo and weight train. Weight training is a pain in my butt, but I know I have to do it if I don't want to be a 'skinny-flab'. I honestly don't even remember what I did before I started jogging as exercise. It's so strange! Surprised Ahhh, tomorrow is W4D1. I keep psyching myself out and think too far ahead. Gotta go to bed and get up early to bang it out just like the last three. And does anyone remember the playlist for W4? It's really...interesting music, LOL.
                      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                      theyapper

On the road again...

Just checking in with everyone. I'm sitting here in W. Virginia with ice on my left shin area. Angry I'm still expecting to run on Friday which will be the last run of OHR W4. I will have rested for 9 days and I think I'll be up for a nice long, SLOW run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yapper, nine days off is better than running sooner and needing months off to rehab. I know it's hard to be patient, but you'll get through it and back to running. I'm suspecting that is the hardest lesson for runners to get through our heads: give yourself the time to heal and accept the need to take time off. I hope it's a great day on Friday for you. *cross fingers for you* JB, you and me both. I think my Tuesday run has to become my Wednesday run this week. Here's hoping Wednesday is a good day! Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

running buddies

Just finished OHR W4D3. It's an obstacle course out there after the big storm that took out our power last week - fallen trees to jump over, sticks to trip on, broken branches to duck under. But it was a good run. goddess9 - the podcasts were not my favorite kind of music by a long shot, but it was really helpful to me to have someone else keeping track of the intervals. I repeated week 5, and couldn't face listening to the same podcast for the 6th time, so the second time I did the 20 minute run I put together a playlist on my ipod that lasted pretty close to 20 minutes, and then I just use my $10 Target watch to keep the time. quotidianlight - I hope I can get as addicted as you! I'm still at the having-to-push-myself-mentally-to-get-out-there stage. But I'm right behind you in the OHR!
                            "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Sounds like everyone is doing good! Yapper good luck on your run! I went out on sunday for my W5D3 run which is that 20 min run. I didn't make it stoped at 12 mins, walked 8 and then ran another 12. I haven't been consistant with my running and I'm sure that's the reason.
                              -Jen
                              2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                                And does anyone remember the playlist for W4? It's really...interesting music, LOL.
                                C25k, W4? Yeah - I think there are some mixing problems in the second half. Like two songs are overlapping each other. The music on the podcasts are not really my style, but the tracking of the intervals far outweighs the music choices for me. I'm looking forward to finishing Cto5K and getting out on the OHR timed runs with my own music (or no music at all!) Meg - Congrats on finishing! What's next for you? I had an overly busy weekend and missed my W4D3 run last week. So I did it yesterday and now W5 is a bit off for me. I have a 2 mile fun run scheduled for Saturday and so I have to either fit two runs in over four days or skip one of the W5 days. I may just skip W5D1 and do W5D2 on Thursday. I'm finding that at this point, I really need a recovery day (or two) and don't want to be sore going into Saturday's 2 mile run. Given where the 2 mile run starts and knowing the geography of the area, I know that it's going to be very hilly. I'm anticipating that I'll probably be last - but hoping that there will be some walkers so maybe I'll be second to last! Smile
                                ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer