Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Newbie Here (Sort Of) (Read 146 times)

Roses Revenge

Hi, can I play too? I'm working on transitioning from walking to running, need some help and think C25K might be the answer. Of course, most things I do are a little skewed by "normal" standards - whatever "normal" is - so I've done one 5K, 3 half marathons and 7 marathons in the last three years. I've just walked most of them. I have plenty of endurance, I just can't run very far and I want to get faster. Now that the days are getting a little longer, I'll be able to get out for 20 to 30 minutes after work MWF so plan to start week one next week. It's a bad time of year for me since I'm working two jobs and six days a week through the middle of April.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Welcome to the group! I think the C25k program is a great place to start. This time of year seems to be tough for all of us, for one reason or another.
      jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Welcome. This is a great place to start. Although I continued on from here and did the OHR program, I've cut back to doing a run/walk for most of my runs. It is much easier on the body.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Fay! Got ya on the graph. Let me know if you have any problems...

Roads were made for journeys...