Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 22 to 28 (Read 372 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I just finished week 8 today so I've got three runs left next week to complete C25K! Surprised Big grin The pace was really inconsistent through my three runs this week, but it felt good to be out there. On all my runs, I finished feeling like I could keep going. I'm looking forward to the 30 minute runs next week. Yes

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Wingz

Professional Noob

gw, I can't imagine running 45 minutes.....yet. Good stuff! Wink goddess, I have heard it takes 4 to 6 weeks for your joints to get used to the impact of running. This is partly why it's only 3 runs per week while you are getting used to it. It really will get easier. Your body will get used to it. Just keep getting out to run. Smile
      Meg, it sounds like you're about ready for the post of All-Knowing-C25K-Oracle. Want the job? Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg - I'm from Duluth, MN. It's not too far from the coldest city in the US. Where are you at? I have a friend that lives in New Mexico and she gets to run outside all year long. I'm jealous. I just ran my W4D1! It went pretty well. I'm about 3 and a half hours south of Duluth today so I ran in a much warmer and humid environment but the path I was on was way flat. It was kind of nice, but I missed the slight downhills I get at home. I did pretty well. I was happy with it. I had to run into the wind on my way back so that made the second half of my run feel a little less fun, but I pushed through it. I also miss the trees and the shade I get at home. This path was super boring and there wasn't any shade. All I had to look at was corn field. A farmer sprayed his field recently too... so the cow manure hindered my breathing for part of my run. Dead Nasty. I am excited to get home and see how this week goes on my normal running path.

More turtle than hare...

I have a friend that lives in New Mexico and she gets to run outside all year long. I'm jealous.
          When I started running a couple years, I ran outdoors for two winters in Montreal. Some days were wicked cold (the wind was the worst). But the whole process wasn't as bad as one would think, since the temperature dropped gradually and I just ended up adding a layer at a time until I was totally bundled up. Adjustments had to be made (like running on the road when the sidewalks weren't plowed, or switching running days when it really was too intolerable out there) but it was kind of fun to get the you're crazy looks and enjoy the fresh air. It made winter less scary. In fact, sitting here sweltering in this heat and humidity - it looks quite appealing! PS - Another running victory: Planned for 3 runs, completed three runs!! Week 7 here I come!
          CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Wingz, I can only share what I know and what I read and what I experience. Wink Mimi, I'm in Regina, SK. Think directly north of the Montana-North Dakota border. Today, it's 77*F with wind SW14mph. In the middle of January, it's not usual to have days on end of -4*F with wind making it feel like -31*F. Thankfully, it's dry cold so as long as you layer well, you can leave the house. I'm just not sure if I can (how to?) run outside in winter here. After a point, cold is cold. I'm sure we share similar challenges. I'm going biking today so for the first time, my log is going to get some cross training. Of course, it will be a casual ride so stop and not solid go-go-go.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wingz, I can only share what I know and what I read and what I experience. Wink
              Sounds good to me. You're now an admin here. Use your powers wisely. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Cool beans. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292.